I could be wrong but ......

Hanso

Apr 24, 2001
Geelong
Visit site
Maybe this is old news ??? Anyway , I was reading the melbourne paper today and the hi fi bar had Gamma Ray listed as playing on the 9th of december....... Fuckin A if it's true !!!

Yeh, they are definately coming! I don't think has been officially announced yet though

Im hanging out for Satyricon :kickass:

By far one of my fav bands of all time, even though their last couple of efforts have sucked

Yeh Volcano was the one befor I think. Fuel for hatred is the only good song from there imho. Now, Diabolical is an ok ablum, its barely black metal though, which is the disapointing thing about it.

From what I have heard, it is more like old school black metal, which is cool because it is different. While every other band is trying to out shred one another, they have put out something that isn't as extreme by todays standards, but is still good (from what I have heard), and that is cool, because it is against the flow. I am keen to listen to the album in full at some stage.

Suggest some good old songs of theirs for me to check out.

Blitzkrieg said:
From what I have heard, it is more like old school black metal, which is cool because it is different. While every other band is trying to out shred one another, they have put out something that isn't as extreme by todays standards, but is still good (from what I have heard), and that is cool, because it is against the flow. I am keen to listen to the album in full at some stage.

Suggest some good old songs of theirs for me to check out.

Definately check out Dark Medieval Times, Nemesis Divina and The Shadowthrone. These 3 albums are truely some of the finest works of Black Metal. DMT can be a bit painful to listen to though sometimes, quite typically harsh produciton.

Edit - sorry, you said songs.
DMT - DMT, Skydeggans, Taakeslottet
Nemesis Divina - Mother North!!!!!, Nemesis Divina, Du Som hater gud
The Shadowthrone - IMO their best album, i enjoy every song off here

ceydn said:
Mother North is one of black metal's all time best songs.

It's the song that is played in the movie Spun ;)

:kickass: It never gets old either

Blitzkrieg said:
No, I said it is good, and seems to be against the flow, and I think that is cool. :)

I know what you said. I just said I like how I can interpret it :)

Because lets face it, good black metal *would* be against the flow ;)

Kinda fucked up, but it seems as though the Brisbane TestAmenT gig will be the only one I can get to. haha..
Whatever the case may be, I am not missing the tour. TestAmenT were one of my first favourite bands, and Low is one of my fav alltime albums.

:headbang:

Just saw this on The Hi Fi Bar website:

SATYRICON (Norway)

Pricing Summary:
Satyricon $45.00 + Booking Fee

Saturday 2 December, 2006 at 8:30 PM
Venue : The Hi-Fi Bar & Ballroom
Sorry, this event is not yet on sale.

+ guests

On sale Friday 6th October
Also from - Missing Link

So I guess that is official now!

As for Testament, I hear because it is a reunion tour that they are only playing 80s stuff, so we miss out on material from Low and The Gathering, but that isn't so bad, because their 80s thrash is also the shit. Will be a shame if you can't make it to the Melb gig Sydo, but as long as you get to see em.