I'm movin' to Adelaide!

The Amazer

Mar 31, 2003
Well, back to Adelaide anyway. Leaving tonight. Should be awesome... going into JB Hi-Fi and actually finding CDs I want! Being able to go to gigs without planning months in advance... and during the week as well!

Should be awesome.

I'm massively looking forward to settling down a bit though... in Mildura it's dangerous because all my mates live so close and I'm always drunk and going hardcore... starting to get run down. I look forward to sitting in my room and playing Nintendo :D (just bought Paper Mario on a whim).

Well, just thought I'd share!

I liked living in Adelaide.

Was back there for work a while ago, and drove past the placemum and Dad bought my first 10 speed (was closed down), but I'd move back for sure.

It's nice enough here I s'pose, but there are too many football-obsessed idiots, our main paper's a tabloid rag that's only worth getting for the crossword and nobody from Queensryche to Neil Gaiman (to name but two) ever tours here.

In three and a bit years time when I'm qualified to wibble on about the evolution and history of the horror genre and get paid for it, I'll take any overseas lecturing job they happen to offer me. I quite like the idea of Edinburgh for some reason.

Wrathy (getting off plane): Are we in Scotland?

Customs officer: How can you be ignorant of that, sir?

Wrathy (removing scantily clad female flight attendant from his lap): I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this wee naked child over hill and over dale...

And so on :).

W

Wrathchild said:
Wrathy (getting off plane): Are we in Scotland?

Customs officer: How can you be ignorant of that, sir?

Wrathy (removing scantily clad female flight attendant from his lap): I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this wee naked child over hill and over dale...

And so on :).

W

Don't worry Wrath. I got it. :)

Well, there's plenty more tours than Mildura gets, that's for sure!

Went to the shopping centre to do the first shop last night... shitty little CD store there with no metal section. $10 bargain bin out the front though.

What do I find in there?

Kingdom Come - Hands of Time
Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual
Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground Beneath

WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY HAVE LOST HORIZON? Must have fucked up an order. I was very happy indeed. $30 for 3 awesome albums.

Also, moving my stuff in Adelaide... old people shouldn't be allowed out of their homes. Stuck behind one for 15 minutes at the petrol station while he decided to do his shopping at the same time as get an assload of petrol... then almost hit 2 old people on gophers who decided that they could cross the road any time they wanted to... then an old lady runs right up the rear of our ute, not damaging us but fucking her car up immensely.

Goddammit!

But I'm having fun :D

Winmar said:
What's it a reference to, Wrathy?

That would be Tooth And Claw, Winmar, the second episode of the new season of Doctor Who. 'Tis not on ABC yet, nor will it be for quite some time but I have my sources ;).

I was quite serious about the overseas lecturing bit, though. Give me a chance to get out of this country and I'll jump at it.

W

Good to hear man!! I couldn't live in Adelaide though... Wrathy is right about the too many football idiots thing too. Got so much abuse last time from groups of dudes like that walkin around the city who just HAVE to say something vindictive as if it's their duty... And all these cool shops we wanted to go to that said they were open on Saturdays till 5pm were closed at 2pm! We questioned people and they said "Yeah, the footy's on" haha!

By the way, we'll be back there VERY soon so we'll have to hang out and have a drink - 108 Lounge!!!

Fuck yeah man, we are hitting the turps hard mate... one of the reasons I moved back was for The Deadthings gigs! Hated missing your last one so much, I just had to make it back in time for your next one!

And I'll be wearing the leopard skins for sure!

Trixxi Trash said:
Wrathy is right about the too many football idiots thing too.

Wouldn't it be worse in Melbourne though? That's the AFL capital of the universe :rolleyes:.

Mind you, if I ever get to Edinburgh, I'm sure I'll have my fair share of soccer hooligans to contend with.

"Good morning, class. I hope you've all finished the reading I asked you to do over the weekend."

"Nae, there was a match on. Wha' d'ye mean ye don' like football, ye snobby wanker? CEL-TIC! CEL-TIC!"

W

Yeah, but we've go more than one team here, and we're secure enough in ourselves as a state that winning a football match doesn't define us.

Unless it's a final of course. Then it all because the bloody interstate teams get preferrential treatment.