I could swear hell just froze over (metallica's new setlist)

BastrdDrmr

Jul 29, 2002
Green Oak, michigan
Visit site
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=1082

Hit The Lights
The 4 Horsemen
Harvester Of Sorrow
Sanitarium
Frantic
Sad But True
Phantom Lord
Leper Messiah
No Remorse
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Damage Inc
Ride The Lightning
Bellz
Blackened
Last Caress
Am I Evil?
Motorbreath

This is absolute insanity (notice the lack of Load and Reload material). Just a few months ago when I found about the summer sanitarium tour I was laughing at it like it was some huge joke. Now I can't wait to buy my fucking ticket!!! If they did Battery, Master, Damage Inc., Blackened, and Fight Fire With Fire in the same gig I swear my head would explode!!
lol.gif

Well, they probably realize that people don't want the nw stuff anymore. They'll just revert back to playing the stuff that made them popular in the first place (like Kiss, and every other reformed band out there). The only difference is that they never actually broke up, so they'll claim it's not a retro-sellout. But we know better.

That's a great setlist. However, nothing can get me to go to Summer Sanitarium, not even that. The four shitty bands they have in tow is enough for me to walk away.

Did anyone see on the MTV Icon thing when Lars' double bass was off the whole time. Laughable!

i hate lars more than i hate... well... tofu. And i hate tofu!!! But that's a good set... too bad lars sucks to much to play any of it... yes, this IS needless lars bashing, but i don't care... deleate this post if you must... he's a jackass. I think many agree. And though the set is ok, i still would rather give my left testicle than go to that show.

I don't see the big deal about the old stuff. Its better than there new, but then again what isn't better than Metallica's new stuff. Anyways, the old and new doesn't even compare to Sym X or Dream Theater.

Dream Symphony said:
I don't see the big deal about the old stuff. Its better than there new, but then again what isn't better than Metallica's new stuff. Anyways, the old and new doesn't even compare to Sym X or Dream Theater.

Of course you won't see the big deal about the old stuff, because your taste is different, it's all matter of opinion :loco:

I still think Metallica is the most overrated band in history. Its not that I hate them, but I definitely don't think they deserve all of this (yes even the old stuff). Even with a good setlist, the tour is playing HUGE venues. My friend bought tickets for 85 bucks for the show at Giants Stadium...

I like to see the old stuff in their setlist, but does anyone get the feeling that Metallica is trying too hard to go back to what they used to be? It's not really working for me..........

Cheers.

BastrdDrmr said:
That honor goes to Led Zeppelin.

Haha. Exactly. Them, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Rolling Stones too. Could never stand any of the above bands music.

on Metallica. I like their old stuff. Master of Puppets owns. Give metallica credit for getting some metal into the mainstream. They were one of the bands that got me into metal, so i appreciate them for that. I heard the samples of the new stuff, but the quality sucks so bad i cant decide what i think about the new material.

It's sad to see that so many of you STILL hope for the Metalllica-resurrection. Unfortunatelly, it's not much to revive since they never were a band worth listening to. Especially when there are so many better bands out there. I wouldn't go even if I were paid.

If you guys want to spend two hours watching Lars & co. making fools of themselves, go ahead. I'm staying at home.

before one goes off and buys ticket to that idiotic summer tour, first you might be better off waiting to the fall to see them with better openers and 2nd, wait for the other 3 free shows at the fillmore to see if that was just a one show deal.

Um, I am sure gonna get flamed for this, but why do you guys hate Lars so much? I know he is a hopeless drummer, but what did he do to make theodessy say what he said? I think I'm missing something, can someone explain?
?

evidence declares that an attempt has been made, but to the extent of reaching the remote on the floor while sitting in the sofa.

Bassmasta said:
I like to see the old stuff in their setlist, but does anyone get the feeling that Metallica is trying too hard to go back to what they used to be? It's not really working for me..........

Cheers.