I could swear hell just froze over (metallica's new setlist)

To shreddie, lars is a dick. He worries so much about napster (and it's lars... kirk has nothing to do with it and james is just a monkey boy, though probly the coolest of the lot) and he is so worried about people stealing his music when he's probly got more money than he knows what to do with. Also, he and james (though again, james is just lars's monkey boy) wouldn't let jason release any of his material outside of metallica because they are jackoffs. Plus he has that intollerable accent... damn lars.

Metallica, just as happen'd with millions of bangers all over the world, introduced me into the wonderful world of heavy metal, so they DO deserve all the respect for that. Load and ReLoad phases were the darkest moments in Metallica's carreer. I listen to the albums before those ones (and, of course, Garage Inc. & S&M [which I have the DVD of it, and it just kicks ass!]), and I just wanna cry, for these albums are like hymns of the 80's thrash/heavy metal!

And I sincerelly hope that Metallica get back to these wonderful roots, and try to recover this black years between Load and ReLoad.

But...

What I heard of the new album... it's not a bit encouraging... :-( It looks more like a new metal stuff, than the good ol' MetallicA...

But, the hope is the last one to die! :p

A lot of people are using the excuse that Metallica "introduced them into metal" well I never listened to Metallica and found metal just fine. To me this shows that metal would have been and would be perfectly fine if Metallica had never existed.
Another thing, lots of people are talking about how their old stuff is just praise worthy. Well I checked it out, and none of it is really even worth listening to. Sorry guys I know I'm gonna get bashed relentlessly for this post, but Metallica are not icons and do not deserve any respect of any kind for any of their albums.

Dream Symphony.... amen! I did listen to metallica and i respect them for that, but i don't really like any of their stuff.... though i really think they had potential in the old days if lars wasn't part of it.

Dream Symphony said:
A lot of people are using the excuse that Metallica "introduced them into metal" well I never listened to Metallica and found metal just fine. To me this shows that metal would have been and would be perfectly fine if Metallica had never existed.
Another thing, lots of people are talking about how their old stuff is just praise worthy. Well I checked it out, and none of it is really even worth listening to. Sorry guys I know I'm gonna get bashed relentlessly for this post, but Metallica are not icons and do not deserve any respect of any kind for any of their albums.

YESSS!!! That is the correct answer!!! :D

I saw a video of them playing 'Battery' live, Lars looked ready to collapse. How's he gonna be able to play even 3 of those songs at once unless they find the fountain of youth? I can see James' additions to the lyrics too... "Those horsemen are drawing near babaaayy!! Oooooohhhh on leather steeds they ride!!! ARE YOU ALIVE?! HOW'S IT FEEL TO BE ALIIIIIIVVVVVVEEE?!?! Oooooohhhh baby baby babaaaayyy!!!"

Haha. Exactly. Them, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Rolling Stones too. Could never stand any of the above bands music.

on Metallica. I like their old stuff. Master of Puppets owns. Give metallica credit for getting some metal into the mainstream. They were one of the bands that got me into metal, so i appreciate them for that. I heard the samples of the new stuff, but the quality sucks so bad i cant decide what i think about the new material.

you missed the beatles, they were the worst, utter bollocks, can't believe everyone loves them so much.

1. Led Zeppelin IS overrated. Good band, but certainly without question overrated.
2. Metallica's new setlist is nice. However, I'd like to see them write new songs that don't suck rather than relying on their early work to keep them alive.

you missed the beatles, they were the worst, utter bollocks, can't believe everyone loves them so much.

Bullshit. The Beatles wrote great and sometimes brilliant songs and deserve all the accolades they get for pioneering a musical revolution.

what the hell is this over-rated shit? how can you rate a band?

ratings are all based on album sales which is based on exposure which is based on a million of other things.

metallica played some decent metal and a shitload of people bought their albums... get over it, it doesn't mean much.

I'm not the HUGEST Beatles fan, but god, do I respect them. Whether you want to admit it or not, they were great songwriters who did start a musical revolution. Every single member of the band was amazing at songwriting and lyric writing also. And Paul McCartney STILL continues writing great Rock songs as old as he is. He had the gift of Melody, which is something that many people don't have at all. He can come up with any melody and write a great song around it. How many artists can do that? And the rest of the members of The Beatles were also amazing songwriters. If John Lennon was still alive today, he'd still be writing great, well written songs.

I just had to get that off of my chest.