I don't care how many times I've heard it...

Mar 21, 2007
NH, USA
www.myspace.com
... I can't get enough of this riff. River Dragon is still my favorite NM song because of it. Can't wait to get home so I can start bashing my head up against a wall trying to re-learn it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJ3_fsVPRk&feature=related[/ame]

Im sorry, but its these types of solos that make me want to sleep.
Fun to play though, but not the least pleasing to my ears. ;X

I always thought of it as more of an elaborate riff than a solo. Guess that's left to interpretation. Either way, I like the way it goes from the mechanical riff into the more organic solo made up of mostly bends. Definitely my cup of tea.

Sounds musically pointless. Haven't heard the song though

This solo section starts at 3.28 into the video.

Its a awesome song, with an awesome solo :D I just can't get enough of Nevermore recently, and this is the only song I can play some of the riffs from :D I've got to practise some more...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha...my band actually played a cover of "river dragon" in a live show on January and I totally fucked up this part...really embarrassing :). In my defense it was my first live show ever and my hands were shaking throughout the whole set. Bad song choice for our first live show I guess. I don't think I'm going to attempt playing it live again anytime soon though...

Haha...my band actually played a cover of "river dragon" in a live show on January and I totally fucked up this part...really embarrassing :). In my defense it was my first live show ever and my hands were shaking throughout the whole set. Bad song choice for our first live show I guess. I don't think I'm going to attempt playing it live again anytime soon though...

Its brave of you to play this for your first live show dude! I don't think I'll ever be able to play it :D

Its brave of you to play this for your first live show dude! I don't think I'll ever be able to play it :D

Thanks, but it turns out it was more stupid than brave. I could play it in rehearsals fine most of the time but I found out that playing it in front of an audience it's a whole different deal, for me at least.

I always thought of it as more of an elaborate riff than a solo. Guess that's left to interpretation. Either way, I like the way it goes from the mechanical riff into the more organic solo made up of mostly bends. Definitely my cup of tea.

Just googled the song, and i have to agree with you!
As a riff, rather then a solo, its awezum.

I need to get some stuff with Nevermore.. havent really listened to them in yeaaaars.