i don't get arcturus

Also, I think the first Arcturus LP has at least about 2 good songs -- "To Those Who Dwellest in the Night" is nice if overtheatrical. The new shit... Nah.

it's because everyone else continues to act as if they never delivered a coup de grace to the entire internet, so obviously there's still a need for more posts :loco:

EDIT - to dodens

I'd like to make a post so profound that everyone that reads it decides that they never need to use the internet again.

Centeotl said:
And another thing, Avant garde isn't something to be proud of. Yes, Arcturus has a rap song on one of their cds.Anyway, i shouldn't be wasting my time on this shitty, goddamned site and all the dick sucks involved with it. "aaarrgh, i'm so evil, i'm so fucking hardcore, I appreciate black metal above all others!" Here's an idea, why not create your own shitty fucking music. Get out of your parent's basement, get off your fat asses and prove yourselves worthy of even aknowledging good music. Otherwise shut the fuck up and get the fuck out. I'll leave you now to your debates about who's true and who isn't. And in the end, I promise you, you'll all be rather disappointed at the outcome. To those who do play instruments, i support you. And as a skilled percussionist, you can kiss my ass. And another thing, i want to eat your unborn babies. Thank you and remember to fuck yourselves.
Time to take your Ritalin, AD/HD boy :)

Centeotl said:
And another thing, Avant garde isn't something to be proud of. Yes, Arcturus has a rap song on one of their cds.Anyway, i shouldn't be wasting my time on this shitty, goddamned site and all the dick sucks involved with it. "aaarrgh, i'm so evil, i'm so fucking hardcore, I appreciate black metal above all others!" Here's an idea, why not create your own shitty fucking music. Get out of your parent's basement, get off your fat asses and prove yourselves worthy of even aknowledging good music. Otherwise shut the fuck up and get the fuck out. I'll leave you now to your debates about who's true and who isn't. And in the end, I promise you, you'll all be rather disappointed at the outcome. To those who do play instruments, i support you. And as a skilled percussionist, you can kiss my ass. And another thing, i want to eat your unborn babies. Thank you and remember to fuck yourselves.

damn son

I've heard The Sham Mirrors and Sideshow Symphonies. SS was great but TSM did nothing for me. I also did not care for the vocalist on The Sham Mirrors.

Centeotl said:

Yet another one taking this forum too seriously. Chill the fuck out!

The only work in the Arcturus catalogue deserving of mention is the My Angel EP - an eerie synthy 2 track hybrid of doom, death and black they wrote 14 years ago.

Centeotl said:
Asperia hiems symphonia was excellent. La Masquerade infernal was good, sham mirrors, ummmmmmm.

And another thing, I don't think it's fair to say that someone's mind doesn't have the potential to appreciate them, specially when you're calling yourself Varg Vikernes, the biggest motherfucking faggot alive. (although he should be dead).
obviously I'm not Varg himself. it doesn't take an exceptionally smart person to figure that out. it's more of a parody, really.

im not sure why you say Varg is the "biggest motherfucking faggot alive" either

i dig older arcturus la masquerade was pretty fuckin good and i still like aspera

sham mirrors is pretty cool but sideshow symphonies was a huge letdown

Aspera's the best, definitely. I thought La Masquerade was a little too carnival-esque, and the two newer ones were alright.

Has some of you seen Arcturus live this year?
I ask becasute they are totally awesome live and new album´s songs sound much stronger live than on disc.

I love arcturus they have made some of the most inavated music Ive ever heard. I absolutly loved everything up to The Sham Mirrors. Although I have only heard one song off of Slideshow Symphonies I have to say I like Garm as the vocalist alot more than vortex.

LMI is easily their best album, followed by The Sham Mirrors. Great band, kind of glad that Garm left though. I want him to return to Ulver and focus on them full time.