I don't know why I didn't ask this before...

Gadlor

Herald of Homoerotic Fury
Aug 10, 2002
Aruba
Someone brought to my attention that Skyfire songs make almost no sense lyrically. Anybody care to give a shot at the real meanings of any of the songs? Are there any real meanings to some of them?

Take Fragments of Time for example. I think you can just take it as a face-value, whacky lyricked fantasyish song. But Dawn Will Break certainly seems different, as if it is about a concrete something.

I am curious to see what everyone thinks.

From the few songs I know Jonas wrote they seem pretty much just based on the mind (gosh, whys it called Mind Revolution :tickled: ). Dawn Will Break I believe is about someone battleing opposite sides of himself, the struggle over his sanity.

On the other hand, maybe its just all stuff that sounds really cool :tickled: Jonas wrote a few of the songs on MR so I guess Henke and Jonas would be the ones to field this, though they don't show up here often hehe.

The lyrics make sense, they're just very symbolic and can rarely be taken literally. THey take a lot of reading into to get a meaning from.

Nightmares Nevermore seems to be about about someone that has problems and people want to help, but these problems have started to become part of the person, so he feels like anyone that tries to help is invading on his privacy, so he blocks them all out. The "precious castle" is the person's emotions and the wall areound it is the way the person blocks out others, leaving him alone.

Haunted by Shadows seems mostly to ba about someone that is very ambitious, but becomes discouraged over time and loses sight of his goals, but every so often he's reminded of them, and eventually decides to move on out of the discouragement ("never more shall I return, the mindless thought is gone"). Either Heaven is just randomly thrown in there or it is a figurative heaven that stands for a sanctuary that you don't need to work to get into.

Colliding in Mind is about someone that both hates himself and tries to defend himself, and between verses there are fragments supporting the idea that the faults the person feels are his own are caused by other people taking advantage of his insecurities. This person seems to know it, but has a hard time accepting it.

I agree with F_V's interpretation of Dawn Will Break.

Uncloud the Sky seems to be about someone searching for truth in a world of lies and contemplating if it will even matter in the end anyway. Eventually he realizes that life on earth is nothing but perceptions that people warp to their own standards, and patiently awaits the day that all the questions will be answered.

Shapes of Insanity seems kind of sardonic to me, even just in the title, because shape generally refers to something solid or stable, where insanity is the opposite. I think the song means that the world's population is motivated by their own lies (reoccuring from Uncloud the Sky) to the point that any meaning in life has been buried under thousands of years of misconceptions.

Blinded by Euphoria, once again, relates to lies and misconceptions, but this time explaining more of what they are instead of the result of them. People believe what they want to think, and will continue believing it until it eventually leads to their downfall. The song is a call out to these people to stop making up their own reality.

Caged is about someone, possibly even the same person as in Nightmares Nevermore and/or Colliding in Mind, who has isolated himself from the rest of the world and realizes that he doesn't want to be alone, but he doesn't know any other way.

Mind Revolution is like an alternate ending to Timeless Departure. Don't allow yourself to die, the others have created a world that will collapse in on them, and only those that rise above the rest of the population, setting a new standard for human life, will survive the fall of civilization. By becoming that of an ascended level of being, we can rise above the weakness of the human race.

These are just my interpretations, I have no idea how accurate any of them are, just so everyone knows. I'll do Timeless Departure when I figure out where I put the book.

I guess what I'm asking is whether the songs portray a specific person (the person who wrote them maybe) or if it's specific. Is Jonas going mad? Is that why he's gone? :tickled: He needs us to release him from the evil spell so he can be whole again!

Sorry.

Hey, I'm on a roll, why not give my interpretations of Timeless Departure.

Intro is about being a badass keyboard player.

Fragments of Time, I think, is basically just about the progression of time, and how it erodes the legacy of mankind until we revert back to things that we once were that had long ago been deemed unworthy of being part of human life. When it says "Join us in celebration, your land is lost and shall forever be," it seems like it's saying "you lost what is important to you, so we'll help you get over it." It sounds like a mass orgy before the end of the world since they're not gonna get another chance.

I think The Universe Unveils is about the worthlessness of mankind and that there is nothing that we do that even matters because ultimately we're just a bunch of cells lumped together.

I think it's fairly obvious that Skyfire refers to the Apocalypse, whether it's the Biblical one or not. One thing that I sometimes question is if "Pathetic gods" refers to a literal religious figure or worldly possesions that people devote their life to instead of a higher purpose. I personally would go with the latter, because I think it deals more with the tone of the song, so it's like none of the stuff that was important to you in life matters anymore.

Timeless Departure, I think pretty clearly, is about suicide. However, I noticed that the person never actually kills himself, which makes me wonder if this begins a story continued by Mind Revolution. It's like this is the end, then MR is a new beginning. I'm curious as to what the next album will bring and if it will expedite the proposed story.

Breed Through Me, Bleed For Me kind of reminds me of Sad But True by Metallica. It's like someone has a part of them that they don't really want there, but they succumb to it, and it doesn't really matter, because they can just sit back and watch this "hatred spirit" take its toll. Eventually it gets to the point that this is a part of the person, who welcomes it, becomes the spirit, and spreads it (the spreading being the breeding), and eventually the figurative spirit is what is to blame for all of the hatred that has been caused.
Something I find interesting is that the chorus relates extremely well to the Christian faith. Come to me (accept Jesus) Breed Through Me (spread Christianity) Live Through Me (try to be like him) Bleed For Me, Die For Me (pretty self-explanitory). Yeah, I'm fully aware that that's not what it means, just thought it was interesting.

Dimensions Unseen seems to be about what happens after death, because it's about traveling to a place that you don't know anything about. The grief and joy felt at the same time could refer to the pain of death, but then the acceptance into a better place, and the "great wisdom" seems to represent a god that The Universe Unveils claims is nonexistant, but this person either believes there is something or wants to believe it. Or, the great wisdom could be a variable that represents the others that have passed on through this journey, reassuring this person that there is something more than just death.

By God Forsaken appears to me to be about someone that does believe that there is a God, but God has left them to evil, and the person is waiting and praying for His return, but it so far has been to no avail. But this person has witnessed God and His love, and he's going to wait as long as he can, even if it means dying first (the fading away of the soul). But this person's not willing to let his (kid, I guess) succumb to the horrors of his world, and wants him to seperate himself from the evil for long enough to be welcomed into the light.
Until I discovered Immortal Souls, Extol, and Crimson Moonlight, I used the line "One life, one man, this is our God's sacrifice" to keep my uber-Christian family from freaking out over my (at the time) newfound metalheadity.

From Here to Death - Oh, wait, no, so much for salvation. Although, like Timeless Departure, this song never actually confirms that any life is taken, and it is possible that the person the song is referring to gave up on life, but didn't actually kill himself or anything like that, allowing to person to undergo a "Mind Revolution," if you will. Or if you won't.

Oh, and thanks, F_V.

And Gadlor, the evil spell and being whole again and stuff came from Blinded by Euphoria, didn't it? Which I think Henke wrote the lyrics for :loco: But I'm not sure, after typing up my interpretations, I lost the book.:ill:

[Edit] Wow, I literally found the book 3 seconds after posting that. And yeah, Henke did write that :D

Yeah, the whole 'evil spell' thing was me being an idiot. Thus my apology. :Spin:

I'm going to dispute your claims of By God Forsaken being about some guy who's been abandoned by god and still believes in him. Just my personal interpretation, but I say it's about...relationships! AHHH!

"This life is losing it's burning flame" and the whole chorus, and the title just scream girlfriend trouble to me. Probably because I was having some when I first heard it :D . I don't think either of our interpretations account for the prodigal son thing at the end of the song, though.

Woah woah lightbulby thingy. What if the first verse of By God Forsaken is the people (or a person) of the earth talking, and the chorus and the prodigal son thing is God speaking? Because the way we act makes God all sadlike and his prodigal son could be Jesus and just woah.

I think The Universe Unveils seems to me more like achieving heaven after death, and 'awakening from silent slumber' into immortalitay and understanding all that has happened during your life.

Or possibly - "our existence here is without a reason" and "all heavenly will turn pale" is pointing out that when you die, there will be no afterlife. There is no grand purpose. There is no God.

You're good at the interpretation stuffs, mr. frenchy. I give you homage. :worship: And bonus points for using mass orgy in a sentence. The rest of yours I pretty much agree on. Word.