I got a couple new live Opeth vids in today

suislidE

Texas Tech!!
Oct 30, 2003
Lubbock, Texas
The videos I bought finally came in today, and one of them I had been really anxious to see. It was from a gig they did back in 1996 in Manchester. They played In Mist She Was Standing, Advent, and Forest of October. It was an ok show, but the sound was a little washed out when they all got to playing. It was funny because its the only vid I have that I see Mikael get a little pissed off. Shortly after they started playing Advent, Mikaels pedal(I think thats what he said) fucks up and they had to stop playing lol. He didnt seem to happy when it happened either... he fixed it, and they restarted the song. Back then they both used Jackson RR1s :kickass:

The other videos I have are of some gigs they did in '01, and I have to say, White Cluster fucking rules when they play it live!! The solo is absolutely badass, and it sounds really cool when you get to watch Mikael tear that fingerboard up. If you are wondering, I got all of them off EBAY!! Yes, some guy on there with the nick videos2die4 sells alot of bootlegs of metal bands. He's a really nice guy, check his stuff out!

Downloaded those where alan. I'm pretty good at finding places to get things, and I have found many Opeth bootlegs besides the bootlegmania ones, but I'm curious as to what you are talking about. pm me or something about it. Also, the guy I got that 1996 vid from also has the one you are talking about. When you buy the 1996 one, he puts both of those concerts on there, but I always ask questions, and he said that that concert looked really grainy and terrible, so thats why I didnt get that particular show(run-on?). He had some stills on the site where he has his video list, and you could tell it wasnt too great. I couldnt imagine how bad the sound was too.

Also Judas, there was a part on a 2001 gig where Mike's PRS crapped out on him (I couldnt tell what happened, all the sudden he just stopped playing and walked off stage) and he walked over to his tech and grabbed his old Fender to finish off The Leper Affinity. It was quite interesting to see how he could strap on his Fender and sing at the same time, but the tech strapped on the guitar and plugged him up while Mike was singing lol. The first note Mike got out was the first note of the solo... lucky.

Also Judas, there was a part on a 2001 gig where Mike's PRS crapped out on him (I couldnt tell what happened, all the sudden he just stopped playing and walked off stage) and he walked over to his tech and grabbed his old Fender to finish off The Leper Affinity. It was quite interesting to see how he could strap on his Fender and sing at the same time, but the tech strapped on the guitar and plugged him up while Mike was singing lol. The first note Mike got out was the first note of the solo... lucky.

That was in Florida, 05/12/01, right? I thought he just switched guitars for the solo, but now that I think about it, why would he have used that guitar for the rest of the show? Oh well.

By the way, I was wondering if one of you guys could help me. I collect bootlegs as well, but I'm having a problem. I have that show, where the setlist is Forest Of October, Advent, and The Apostle In Triumph. I got it from that guy on eBay, and he says it was on 06/17/96, in Ashton, UK. I looked it up on this very reliable site. It confirmed that there was a show played on 06/17/96, in Ashton. Ashton-Under-Lyne, Manchester, UK, to be exact. But he has a different setlist on it. A setlist that includes In Mist She Was Standing. I know that Ashton-Under-Lyne is like a metro, and there is this weird scrolling marquee on the wall to the left of the stage in the video, which I thought would be typical to have in a metro. I'm just all confused now, about wether or not I have the right show and date, or the reliable site I know of has actually made a mistake.

KennonKun,

Yeah that ebay guy has it wrong.

I think these are the correct dates.

Opeth - 06-20-1996 Astoria 2, London, UK
1. In the Mist She Was Standing
2. Advent
3. Apostle in Triumph

Opeth - 06-17-1996 - The Witchwood - Ashton, UK
1. In the Mist Shw Was Standing,
2. Advent
3. Forest of October

Would you be interested in trading me a VHS video copy of your :
2. Advent
3. Apostle in Triumph

For my::
Opeth - June 12, 2003 Hultsfred, pro-shot, mutli-cam 54 min. VHS video copy
1.The Drapery Falls
2. Deliverance
3. Advent
4. A Fair Judgment
5. Demon of the Fall

If so, pm me.

alan3827 said:
KennonKun,

2. Advent
3. Apostle in Triumph

1.The Drapery Falls
2. Deliverance
3. Advent
4. A Fair Judgment
5. Demon of the Fall

If so, pm me.
I would be interested in both of these very much if anyone would like to contact me - I have much to trade. I can't usually copy VHS, but I'll make an extra effort if I can get hold of these two vids.

Thanks

alan3827 said:
KennonKun,

For my::
1.The Drapery Falls
2. Deliverance
3. Advent
4. A Fair Judgment
5. Demon of the Fall

If so, pm me.

You can download that show.. I did, and the Inferno festival one also.

Kennon, the guy on ebay told me that the VHS copy of that show in 1996 where they played the apostle in triumph was pretty crappy.. is that true? cause i might consider getting it. the other show is decent, but you can tell its a little aged.. i wish that guy would do CDR recording... they last much longer and they dont deteriorate like tapes do.

The Ultimate Metal HUB has a shitload of stuff to download. (For those that don't know)
You need to download a file-sharing program called Direct Connect. (No spyware)
Download Direct Connect : http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

Once installed you need to connect to a HUB server.
Connect to the server: paladin.sublevels.net

Just recently, you need to become registered to the hub to gain access.

Go to: http://paladin.sublevels.net/reg.php to register.

Damn.. here at tech they are really enforcing those programs.. not worth it. Anyways, I use IRC to get all of my stuff. Its a chat program; internet relay chat. Through that you can access peoples files that they provide through the use of scripts. Basically, they have theirs setup to where you type a certain thing, and a pm pops up and shows you all their stuff they have avail. for you to download from them. server is irc.efnet.net channel #hdp a guy named HDP-Satan has vids from inferno and hultsfred.. except the guy that ripped the vids screwed up a few of the songs, so look at the file size to be able to tell.

EDIT: uhh.. I checked just to make sure and he said he lost all his videos... he is trying to get them back but who knows. If you go in there look for HDP-Viper i think, he is the one that ripped them. He isnt on all the time so good luck.

Hi guy...so could you please tell me what is the video from 1996 you received,please? co i would be really interested by trading with you if you want..i have a video from the morningrise tour,in italia 1996,where they played nectar...and i have as well a double VCD from 28.07.2003 - Fox Theater, Boulder, Colorado, USA ,that is to say during the acoustic tour...
just let me know please...
here's my email :
opethmaniac@hotmail.com
cheers