I got two happy emails today!

Aug 31, 2004
One......email from Amazon that the Pain Of Salvation DVD I preordered shipped today.

Two....Parallel Minds that I ordered several months ago from that caiman seller finally shipped. So I guess it's back in stock for the other people who ordered it.....and at $12, it's a great deal compared to the others I've seen.

^_^

I got my Pain of Salvation DVD in the mail yesterday. It's so good, there's some really cool stuff on there that I won't spoil for you.

I got an email today about acquiring some penis enlargement pills. I was pretty happy about that...
jerk.gif

Originally posted by AngraRULES
Hey, DementiaGuitar, did you solve the first clue yet? =P

Sort of...not in the way it was intended, I just used my computer to access the features. I do like a good challenge though, so I'll probably try to actually solve the clues this weekend.

Sounds tantalizing.......and I ordered it thinking it was a DVD. Now not only have I found that it's also a live CD of the performance, but that there are a ton of cool bonus features as well....

I can't wait until it gets here.....

Surprisingly, the BE DVD arrived today, and judging from watching a few of the songs, it's really, really, really, really, really awesome. Now I'm off to go see SYL tonight.

Now Parallel Minds is here also...

I've been watching the BE DVD, and there's one thing I'm not understanding with Daniel's vocals.....on a lot of what I've been watching the lyrics are all out of whack. It sounds like he's just fumbling around and making up lyrics on the spot in places.....kind of odd. Anyone else notice this? Or is there something I don't know? But other than that.....it's a phenominal event for music.

Edit: Now I'm seeing that the DVD performance was filmed long before the album was released.....so that accounts for the musical and lyrical differences.

I'll probably watch the performance straight through, then commentary, then try to figure out what the clue is supposed to mean.

Daniel mentions in the commentary that he doesn't write finalized lyrics for some of the songs until days before he has to record them.

One things for sure: I am glad they changed the "man is shattered, I am shattered" part of Diffidentia from the Animae voices to DG. Sounds so much more badass in the studio version.

Pellaz said:
Woah. Atlanta show, right? Excellent gig. Did you stick around after the show? As usual, Devy was extremely cool and accessible.

Yep, got a photo with Devy, hope it turned out okay. I thought the vocals and keyboards should have been louder in the mix, but I guess that's normal at the Masquerade. You were the guy in the ProgPower III shirt, right? I was in the Symphony X, shirt.

I was just disappointed that they didn't bring the merchandise for his other bands, because I would have bought a Devin Townsend Band shirt and probably another album if they had brought them to sell, but I didn't want to buy any SYL merchandise.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Yep, got a photo with Devy, hope it turned out okay. I thought the vocals and keyboards should have been louder in the mix, but I guess that's normal at the Masquerade. You were the guy in the ProgPower III shirt, right? I was in the Symphony X, shirt.

Yep yep. Had to support ProgPower. :headbang:

I was fairly close to the front and it seemed like the guitars were lower, but hey, everyone had a good time. Looks like Gene H. has lost some weight, too, which is a Good Thing. We rechristened him from "The Mountain That Plays" to "The Foothill That Plays." :tickled:

I was just disappointed that they didn't bring the merchandise for his other bands, because I would have bought a Devin Townsend Band shirt and probably another album if they had brought them to sell, but I didn't want to buy any SYL merchandise.

I bought a tour tee (it's kinda unremarkable, yeah) and a copy of Alien. I'd been hoping to buy DevLab and maybe some of his other solo stuff, but I emailed them a few weeks ago about it and was told that they weren't bringing any of his solo stuff ('kinda a tour rule'). Maybe since it's on a different label. I had a feeling I wouldn't be the only one who'd be disappointed. :yell: