I had a thought last night...

Mephistopheles

The Answer You Seek
Nov 9, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
What if one of the final two headliners was TSO doing a Beethovens Last Night set. That would make 3 Sava related sets in 3 years but it would be AWESOME!

I don't expect it to happen, just a funny thought I had.

It would indeed be awesome... I'd rather see them when they come back on tour then at ProgPower, but seeing 3 Sava related shows in 3 years would seriously rule!

Yeah... they keep saying they are going to do a BLN tour but it never seems to go down.

I will wait patiently. Plus TSO has one of the highest grossing tours every year with their Christmas stuff. So I could see them being 'too big' for ProgPower. I wonder how big of a draw they would be on tour doing their BLN tunes...

I like Savatage too, but I think seeing 3 incarnations of Savatage in the last 3 years without seeing the ACTUAL Savatage at PP would be a bit of an overkill.. So I don't think TSO would hit PPUSA... This year ;)
-manda

There's nothing MORE Savatage than last year's WOMD.... At least, in mu opinion... We missed Zak, but besides that... That is Savatage in my opinion!

Mephistopheles said:
What if one of the final two headliners was TSO doing a Beethovens Last Night set. That would make 3 Sava related sets in 3 years but it would be AWESOME!

I don't expect it to happen, just a funny thought I had.
as fuckin glorious as that would be, i'm not sure it'll happen. They've been talking about that tour for the past 3 or 4 years since BLN came out. they really need to give the Christmas thing a rest. as great as it is, it's starting to get redundant.

Mephistopheles said:
Yeah... they keep saying they are going to do a BLN tour but it never seems to go down.

I will wait patiently. Plus TSO has one of the highest grossing tours every year with their Christmas stuff. So I could see them being 'too big' for ProgPower. I wonder how big of a draw they would be on tour doing their BLN tunes...

This is one band I can definitely rule out.....due to a few factors.

A) ....umm....lights, anyone?
B) They tour big arena stadium type things and such
.....yeah

When I saw them on tour in 2003, they played a bunch of stuff from Beethoven's Last Night after they did their Christmas set.

Barking Pumpkin said:
This is one band I can definitely rule out.....due to a few factors.

A) ....umm....lights, anyone?
B) They tour big arena stadium type things and such
.....yeah

When I saw them on tour in 2003, they played a bunch of stuff from Beethoven's Last Night after they did their Christmas set.

That's what I was kinda trying to say... they tour 'big arena stadium type things' durring the christmas season but do you really think in the spring or summer anyone is even going to think about TSO? Maybe with the right advertising it could be big.

edit: not that I am trying to convince anyone this might happen. It was just a thought I had last night. the chances are of course very very very slight

That's a funny thought...but no, that's not going to happen. TSO rakes in the cash with their stadium tours and they easily sell out large arenas. They will supposedly some day tour for BLN. Of course, they say that every year, but I imagine it will happen eventually...

dt