I HATE DRUMMERS

I remember when i was recording this one drummer with awful timing.

after the take i said ( politely as i did)
" You were opushing and pulling a bit that time,try and keep on the the click"

Drummer
"I was fine,
the click kept going out of time is the click broken?"

Thank god i turned the talk backoff

You guys all have my pity ...

I have had nothing but luck with musicians in my bands (except for the occasional "wouldn't have rehearsed his parts of the newest song").

And yea, I'd definitely go with DFHS - even if the drummer is decent. The time it saves is just too valuable.

do you have any of the guitar parts recorded so he can practice with them? could help a little.

yea i have about 8 of our songs (we have like 10 songs now) recorded..just shitty guitar tracks so our singer could write stuff..

heres the deal though, our practice space is about 15 minutes from where we all live..not bad really, BUT! our drummer doesnt feel like going up there by himself to practice drums. and he doesnt have a kit at home. i guess if he was more dedicated he would..but :yuk:

yea i have about 8 of our songs (we have like 10 songs now) recorded..just shitty guitar tracks so our singer could write stuff..

heres the deal though, our practice space is about 15 minutes from where we all live..not bad really, BUT! our drummer doesnt feel like going up there by himself to practice drums. and he doesnt have a kit at home. i guess if he was more dedicated he would..but :yuk:

sounds like a d-bag.

Sorry, but for a start this thread title is wrong!

1st - I think you should change it for something like "I hate my drummer!"

2nd- If his playing is so out of time, so yeah I agree with other people here, record it with a click and show him his mistakes and if he stills putting his damn shitty childish ego on the top of everything, fired him!

3rd- It could be worst if it was with a guitar player? or bass player? or a keyboard player? or whatever!
In a band the essential thing is the harmony and the relationship between people if that works then you will play nice, and help each other out in every problems or difficulties that can happen in the personal playing of anyone!
So instead of rehearsing, take your time and have a nice and cool conversation about this! Sometimes it's worth than a thousand rehearsals!!!
Take your time! Yes time flies! Carpe diem!!!

P.S. Oh yes! I'm a drummer! And sometimes I hate guitar players! UUppss! My guitar player!

:headbang:

No, you can hate guitar players too, it's okay. We reserve the right to hate people who play any instrument at all on the grounds that there are too many fuckers out there like that and it's far beyond the point where we can just pin down one individual instrumentalist.

Find me one (1) fucker who can get a better sound and more consistency than DFHS, who's up for practicing for hours on end with a thrash band that wants him to die, and who will know his place when it comes to writing (...durm, how about you put that BIG chord there?) and I'll take back my part of the 'fuck drummers' bit.

Jeff

im seriously considering DFHS..its it that hard to use? ive never programmed drums before except messing around with reason.

It's the same as programming MIDI drums anywhere else, DFHS is just a much better set of sounds. It's more a time issue than difficulty, so don't worry about that too much.

Jeff

everyone else in the band is "ideal" i guess you would say..willing to learn new things, willing to practice whenever, ego-less, and like i said in a previous post..i get along with pretty much everyone

but ive still yet to find a drummer that can play metal well and is all of the above...

Man, I have been taking drum lessons, and I'm actually getting pretty good!:oops: Nah, drummers have special muscles, needed to play furious double bass and rolls. As a guitarist, I respect drummers for their ability. Besides, if I played the drums, who is gonna track 'em?:lol: If a drummer cannot stay in time with the click, well then he needs lessons or some shit.:lol: Nah, I have tracked drummers, who just shit a brick, when the red light's on. Definately, the most phisically demanding instrument. Oh, fuck the bullshit, I hate drummers too!!!!!:heh: