I hate Evidence

Hellion said:
No it wasn't, it was pure shit. A band chooses to write whatever music they want, people have no right to say what "is Katatonia" and what "isn't" except for KATATONIA! The idea that a band has to have a specific sound for their entire career is ludicrous.

Perhaps "it doesn't sound like anything they've done before" or "it's not like any Katatonia I'm used to" would be valid opinions, but to say it's not Katatonia is just beyond stupid.

Well, if you say so :rolleyes:

in fact you are both right. katatonia is katatonia, no matter what their music slides into, but lobouivante only meant that 'ghost of the sun' doesn`t sound like the katatonia we know from 'last fair deal gone down'. and hellion, i don`t think you should be that rude just because he stated his opinion. but this, on the other hand, is just my opinion, which doesn`t really mean anything...

Come on people, CHORUS MUSIC SUCKS!!!
Where's the merit in repeating the same thing forever and ever? It's damn easy to create a catchy chorus. Ask Britney or Shakira. Or even Linkin Park.
IMHO music must be memorable by featuring creative riffs, harmonies, vocals, lyrics, never CHORUSES. Why is Opeth's Harvest their most annoying song? "Into the orchard I walk peering way past the gate, bla bla bla"
It'll be a shame to hear in Viva Emptiness another chorus festival, and that's most likely to happen (let's pray for Damnation) :cool:

Hellion said:
No it wasn't, it was pure shit. A band chooses to write whatever music they want, people have no right to say what "is Katatonia" and what "isn't" except for KATATONIA! The idea that a band has to have a specific sound for their entire career is ludicrous.

Perhaps "it doesn't sound like anything they've done before" or "it's not like any Katatonia I'm used to" would be valid opinions, but to say it's not Katatonia is just beyond stupid.

we have to right to say EVERYTHING we want,do you really think that they are making this music (and old music) just for them! They need to be criticized but we are not here to say waht they MUST do.There are begining to lose something (something i can not tell but only feel) they are begining to be more aggresive and begining to be lose their unique style here i am not talking about vocals when i listened LFDGD i loved this album but i can feel them they are losing something

`there is a darkness coming.... but i am not here to say what should be done about this i just lift my eyes to watch`
this is katatonia

yes they are still K-A-T-A-T-O-N-I-A and they are still excellent but now they are not katatonia

like every band they need a change too but not like this they have changed too much when they published discouraged one but they are still katatonia or in tonight`s decision

i dont want back the old songs i just want back katatonia,i have nothing to do with the sound but it i important for me where it come from and what is it for?

but this is what i got form the three 45 secs samples so i can be wrong this is what i wish