i have a treat for you all if your interested :D

Here's a quick one too:

http://sneapforum.CeltiaProductions.co.uk/nuclearass/thrice_antti_m.mp3

The interesting thing was that I wanted to try to mix without any eq at all. In the end I ended up using 2 eqs: on the overhead stereo track and master bus (in both cases just slightly raising the highs and removing low mids with a wide q). If these tracks actually are 100% raw , this was tracked really really really well. Everything on this sounded just beautiful to me, not just the bass.

yes, i'm also wondering if these tracks are 100% raw,
s34nsm411, you posted the files; do you know? :)

really like your one nuclearass! pretty close to the original!

yes, i'm also wondering if these tracks are 100% raw,
s34nsm411, you posted the files; do you know? :)

really like your one nuclearass! pretty close to the original!

Thanks! I also checked the original cd after reading your comment and I agree with you. Either this was tracked really really well originally and they didn't do much to the tracks in the original mix either, or the tracks provided here are already eq:d & maybe compressed.

.Antti

i'm not sure if its mixed or not, i got the files knowing just as much as you all do about them

its likely that they are not be processed itb at all but are probably going through lots of hardware before they hit the daw. my reasoning for this is that the files are not gain adjusted (you have to do a bit of volume mixing to make it sound listenable after importing all the files), and if someone was making a stem mix of everything they would most likely print the volume to wav also

At least this turned into us getting some cool stuff to listen to and learn from. It would still be nice if he delivered the goods though.

i got a few things missing from that bob marley set of files... the 12 string guitar track was currupted and i cant unzip it.. cud anyone put that file up alone?

and the queen stuff keeps going out of sync at various points..:S