I have found a band that's as good as OPETH

diospada

Katatonic Opethean
Feb 12, 2003
New York
Visit site
I finally found it!!!!!!!

Katatonia and especially on their album "last fair deal gone down." I mean, the whole mood and emotion of the album is undescribable. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but i feel like katatonia is a different band, what do you guys think?

Katatonia is an awesome band ! One of the more emotional bands out there, IMO...

Their lyrics are incredible too... I can't wait to hear "Viva Emptines !"
:devil:

Katatonia are so fucking awesome.
I don't understand why they get so little recognition, especially for their latter material which, in my opinion, totally surpass their first one.

Put it simply, Last Fair Deal Gone Down sets a benchmark for music excellence in the underground "metal" scene.

Sincerely one of the best album I ever heard.

I don't understand why they get so little recognition, especially for their latter material which, in my opinion, totally surpass their first one.

Exactly. I think they have found their very own sound on Brave Murder Day and are constantly improving form there...

Why do people always say they're boring and repetitive? (I know, "because they are") The stuff from their last 3 has a fairly normal structure, it's not as if they play one riff for 6 minutes with no break.

They're somewhere high in my top 10. The songs always make me want to kill myself, but in a good way.

About Katatonia being boring. its true: Discouraged ones is all the same. BUT there is quite some difference in the tracks on LFDGD. Thats why LFDGD is superior for me.

I'm not trying to compare them, like what wrathchild said, katatonia is good at doing what they do best, or something like that. ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They don't do much for me. I don't know what it is... I've tried to listen to them a few times... just doesen't work for me. But I wish them success (having Mikael for a friend can't hurt).