I have found a band that's as good as OPETH

I agree with Morningrise... Katatonia is music that really helped me through struggles. I know that sounds cheesy, but it is the truth. I adore Opeth, and I do think they are bleeding brilliant, but Katatonia appeals to me on a different level.

*edit* and as people have said, Maudlin of the well is fucking godlike.

I have been listening to LFDGD quite a bit recently after not having touched it for a while. I think my favorite song is "I Transpire," am I right people?

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Agreed. That is because they are so far ahead of Opeth in the "being good" race that they can't reach them.

:p

Agreed;) and Katatonia lyrics are without doubt on a higher level compared to Opeth:p

Originally posted by DrX
I have been listening to LFDGD quite a bit recently after not having touched it for a while. I think my favorite song is "I Transpire," am I right people?

Don't know about this because I just got it....but I think "Passing Bird" and "Sweet Nurse" are my LEAST favorite songs...the rest are great......
"She's got black hair, and she has got a black dress...".....:confused:
haha, I just laugh....

its all about what appeals you in their music. if you want dark emotions its katatonia. if you want aggressive emotion its opeth.
it just makes no sense to say which band is better.

Originally posted by opethpainter
katatonia as good as opeth?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

you're kidding, aren't you?

ok, that's opinions, and mine is: katatonia < opeth.

on what are you judging? Opeth may be better technicalwise but according to the depth the music reveals Katatonia is way abocve Opeth. But I'm not saying that one band is better than the other one, they're just to different to compare at all...