I have to say...

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
While the new sub-forum names are cute, make absolutely no fucking sense what-so-ever. How does FOH have anything to do with production tips. Meh, all these changes are confusing the hell out of my ADD/OCD and that is not cool.

Oh and I prefer Tavern over Bar, just sayin'.

Discuss.

ALSO: I am glad this isn't the sevenstring forum cuz I would so be banned for questioning the mods. Mods, I still love you, even if I don't agree with your choices.

FUCKING HATE IT WITH ALL MY BEING!!!!

I clicked on my usual bookmark toolbar tab and was like "WTF, how did it re-direct me to another forum?

Unless it was Andy's wish, we should start a petition and put it back how it was.

ME NO LIKEY.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, I guess I'll get used to it, haha.

We're in a transition period, hang in there guys.
New names are necessary though, cause people keep posting in the wrong sections, sometimes the rules etc weren't clear about that either.
It should be much clearer now what goes where, and the new names force even the long timer to stop for a second and think about where to post the thread.
Also will the former "rate my mix" section get much more action again this way.

Oh, and you're all gonna get banhammert!;)

I dont understand...all of the new sub-forum names are live-oriented...this is a recording forum. It is not more clear where to post things, it is actually much more confusing, cryptic, and open for interpretation. When I saw something was different I was hoping the sub-forums had been restructured to be more cohesive and concise....I was wrong. They've just been renamed to cryptic metaphors completely irrelevant to audio recording and the scope of this forum... I dont even understand why this was necessary or what purpose it serves... My head hurts. You've got a typo under Backline also, by the way.

I think FOH Is a silly name because it's completely specific and doesn't encompass anything that MOST of those threads are about.

I also 2nd TAVERN instead of bar ^_^

Otherwise, glad for the change!

I don't think "FOH" will make it clearer, not to mention noobs would have no fucking idea of what it means. Other than that I think they are good and we'll eventually get used to them.

If one is able to read it shouldn't be a problem

"F.O.H. (19 Viewing)
Production tips, techniques, tutorials..."

I think it's a cool thing.

If you want people to post threads in correct sections, change "Backline" to "Equipment (Hardware and Software)".
Short and descriptive names are always best.

If one is able to read it shouldn't be a problem

"F.O.H. (19 Viewing)
Production tips, techniques, tutorials..."

I think it's a cool thing.

What Mutant said, you are implying noobs or newcomers regularly read the descriptive line, I think it would be newbie-proof to change FOH to "Technique" or something like this. He's right as well about Backline, it sounds perfect as it is but to a newcomer it wouldn't make as much sense as "Equipment (...)". Again the descriptive line is clear and all... but the whole point here is to make it clearer to people, so the title itself must be very ice clear to everyone.