I have to say...

By the way, for those geniuses who think there was no problem before because they didn't see any, here's a screenshot from the main page of the forum the way the moderators see it. Should be self explanatory.

forum.png

I appreciate what you're saying and it may well always look like that but some of the threads I see deleted there are older. Some of them violated the old rules too but once something has been allowed to gain posts for a couple of months it seems crazy to delete it (especially since there are 5 years of posts in the main forum that predate any subforums at all). I don't have a solution for you other than just to lock or move old stuff but TBH it looks like any old thread that gets bumped in the main forum is subject to deletion.

The Mod's are great and all but I can't help but wonder why we have such busy guys handling Mod duties. I also think there should be more than a couple, preferably in different time zones.

I appreciate what you're saying and it may well always look like that but some of the threads I see deleted there are older. Some of them violated the old rules too but once something has been allowed to gain posts for a couple of months it seems crazy to delete it (especially since there are 5 years of posts in the main forum that predate any subforums at all). I don't have a solution for you other than just to lock or move old stuff but TBH it looks like any old thread that gets bumped in the main forum is subject to deletion.

No, the old threads are moved to the right sections, only the new ones are deleted (although errors can be made, we take care about that). I also wished for an Archive subfolder with all the old threads, but I'm not sure if that's possible. Keep in mind we're only moderators, not admins and have limited powers.

Carlos is the man, we should just set up a sub forum and call it, "Carlos Topic." :D Can that be the proposed "Rear Entrance?" (not like that, but suggesting raunchy...)

I'd happily pay a fee if that would make this forum clean (and djent-free :D )

Holy shit Brett, I had no idea it was that messy. Is the new version of the forum improving this ?