I have to thank Katatonia for LFDGD..

NEGRONOMOUS

Sep 7, 2007
So I'm practically opening up myself for all flaming by starting this thread, so give me your best fucking shot.

To make a long story short, I was hella-bummed out all day..no appetite, no pot, and beer wasn't numbing a dam thing and my friends weren't helping at all. So I went inside and finally scored some bud and smoked up, and decided to listen to Last Fair Deal Gone Down.

Now I've listened to Katatonia's entire discography more then I tie my shoes. But never have I EVER cried so hard until listening to it tonight. I'm honestly in love now that I can appreciate it...

I love how the album slowly breaks you down, then gets intense, then rather "heals" you with the mentality of all you have in life is yourself(or at least thats my take on LFDGD)

F'in Cheers and thanks for being there when all else fails Katatonia :kickass:
I'm now so stoked for Night Is The New Day

But never have I EVER cried so hard until listening to it tonight. I'm honestly in love now that I can appreciate it...

so sweet. i'm really impressed....

Nice post!

I agree with what the author said. LFDGD really connects with mee in a strange and personal way that no other album can match. I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since it was released. That makes me feel really fucking old.

These days, I just 69 to it all of the time. :kickass:

Yeah it totally does Darksoul..whenever I leave my itunes on shuffle and a song off of LFDGD comes on, I get crazy chills down my back. sooo awesome

There is a cool vibe going on in the album and I love it, it's different but to me it doesn't sound as personal as discouraged ones or Viva Emptiness. It's a beautiful album nonetheless.

Now I've listened to Katatonia's entire discography more then I tie my shoes. But never have I EVER cried so hard until listening to it tonight. I'm honestly in love now that I can appreciate it...

I love how the album slowly breaks you down, then gets intense, then rather "heals" you with the mentality of all you have in life is yourself(or at least thats my take on LFDGD)

All their albums are that powerful for me. It's great having such a unique band in this world. Good to hear your story.

I don't think I've ever cried because of Katatonia, but I must admit, I almost always listen to their songs when I'm feeling down, particularly over a woman. The themes of love and loss that some of their songs have seem so familiar it's like they were written by me, or for me. I have often joked that my love life would be sufficient material to write a few albums worth of doom metal. But still, I don't think I'd have gotten through some of the lowest points of my life in recent years as well as I have without Katatonia to listen to.