What Makes LFDGD such a high rated album from Katatonia for you?

LFDGD is a weird album for me, sometimes I love it then other times I think "what's the big deal?" It's way better than Tonight's Decision (which was one-dimensional and lacking the atmosphere of DO) I love analog production but find the sound of the album a tad annoying when I'm not in the mood for it.

Overall, I'd rate it quite high, it's a unique album with some really good songs (however, I still hate the programmed electronic beats that are thrown in here and there)

'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' is my favourite album of all time, any genre. It has a unique production and I think the inclusion of Daniel really pumps it up. The strange softness of the guitar tone with the intricate drumming makes for an incredible mix. But ultimately it's the songs. Everyone can name their favourites, but with the lyrics and melody it is just one solid block of the most haunting yet catchy music ever made in my opinion.

And while it doesn't sound like 'Last Fair Deal', my own project Rainshadow is largely... er.. influenced... by the style. Link below if interested.

And while it doesn't sound like 'Last Fair Deal', my own project Rainshadow is largely... er.. influenced... by the style. Link below if interested.

Wow, this is actually good! Out of the several Katatonia influenced bands I've heard, I must give the highest compliments to you! Your sound seems to combine the classic sounds of Katatonia's Discouraged Ones and LFDGD.