What Makes LFDGD such a high rated album from Katatonia for you?

Jester-Race

Nov 8, 2006
Kansas.
If it is for you, of course. I read these forums a lot, mainly out of boredom but because I like the band quite a lot. Regardless, I was wondering why a lot of you rate LFDGD so high on your list, and I rate it quite high too but after listening to each song, it is quite different from really everything else they've put out even still till this day. I like it quite a bit because its incredibly different unlike anything I've literally heard from well... any band. Ever? Ever, I'd say. The vast differences for me are apparent (especially in I Transpire, holy fuck is that song epic) but still, just wondering and curious.

What makes LFDGD such a high rated album for you, if it is. If it isn't why not?

It is an amazing album indeed! How can one not like Sweet Nurse? Teargas? I Transpire? on and on. I even love We must Bury You!! Such a morbid short song that some here hate, but not this boy!

For me, LFDGD is the first cd Katatonia did with their newer style that exudes a great deal of confidence in what they're doing. They really hit their stride with this cd for me. But I actually love Viva Emptiness just a touch more. LFDGD has some stronger standalone songs in comparison, and Viva Emptiness seems less depressing but it has incredible guitar melodies for many of it's verses, and great power overall. Each album from these guys are so great in their own ways.....All classics!

....Though I seem to be most fond of LFDGD and Viva Emptiness as my overall favorites from them.

I think what makes LFDGD so loved among people is that it mixes the unique katatonia style with something more accessible for everyone.
For example, my wife hates katatonia and is into epica and tristania and stuff like that. But she really likes Tonights Song and Sweet Nurse frm LFDGD. While she hates Chrome (one of my faves).
The thing is, that album has all of the katas trademark melodic riffs and weirdness as in Chrome, but it also has radio friendly tunes such as Sweet Nurse.

Style wise it's a great middle ground between the power chordish doom stuff and newer more modern rock influenced guitar style. Song wise it's just filled with classics. As I said in the best Kata album thread, all the songs except We Must Bury You and Passing Bird are classics.

It's not my favourite and I don't like all the songs on it but it does have : Dispossession, Chrome, Teargas, Tonight's Music, The Future of Speech, Sulfur, and of course Help Me Disappear....those are all favourites, so I rate it highly for that.

For me, LFDGD is one of those albums that no matter what, puts you in a good mood.

Pissed off after a long day? spin it. It really does chill you out.

Great songwriting, amazingly performed and memorable riffs.

How do you love We Must Bury You? It's the worst Katatonia song ever written.

For me, it's a collection of the best Katatonia songs ever...(besides We Must Bury You, but I can kind of tolerate it). The leads are moving, Jonas' vocals are some of his most personal(sound and lyrical wise)...Also my favorite performance by Daniel...It's more like the basic Jonas beats with Daniels little tidbits of technicality on top...I love it.

Dispossession, Teargas, Tonight's Music, The Future of Speech, Sweet Nurse ... Need I say more? It's the definitive Kata album.

:worship:

A timeless soul crusher of divine melancholy is how i'd fagly describe it. One of the best albums ever, by anyone. It's on my top 3 at least. I even really like We Must Bury You.

About I transpire, man that song is such an intense beautiful journey, it's like Katatonia performing a waltz or something, incredible song.

Soundwise and stylewise it simply epitomizes Katatonia i.m.o. The strangely dark, distorted intro's of Dispossession and Chrome, the pounding drums (that fucking snare crushes skulls), the warm analogue sound, it's all just how it's meant to be.

Clean Today, Dispossession, Clean Today, Chrome and of course Clean Today, just classic..

LFDGD = Katatonia = LFDGD = Katatonia = LFDGD...