i heard Dead Alone and F(r)iend

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
theres a killer part in Dead alone that reminds me of jester script transfigured, but f(r)iend is a total slipknot song

AIM me at Paiiarandersvisa if you want to chat :) hehe

thanks for sending them. They are definitely better than the songs on the demo, maybe not great, but at least closer to Reroute (haha i cant believe something being closer to reroute is a good thing)

What are you talking about, F(r)iend is a awesome song, there is no whimpy clean vocals. And I love the layered screams in there. That's the song that is giving me hope that I might like this cd after all.

I'm listening Dead Alone right now. I really LOVE IT!

My hopes for this album are still here. Maybe no new Whoracle or The Jester Race, but that doesn't matter to me.

I like it. I also thought I heard some Jester Script Transfigured sounding bits.

I personally think Dead Alone starts out like a Blink 182 song, and I'm being honest. F(r)iend is the best of the bunch, with some of the best (although shortlived) growls I've heard in an In Flames song.

Hello, Í´m a new (since 2001) In Flames fan, and I would like to share with you my thoughts about the songs I listened too....

Everyone here must have listened to Touch of Red, Borders and Shading, and The Quiet Place already.

And I must say, I will be sincere: these ones where the worst songs from the album, so far.

I have listened to the following, besides the ones from the promo: Dead Alone, My Sweet Shadow, In Search of I, F[r]iend and Dial 595-ESCAPE.

Dead Alone was the first one I heard after the ones in the promo. It´s a very good song, and the main riff makes this song much more enjoyable than many songs from RtR. Really liked this one.

My Sweet Shadow, well....... if you don´t like RtR, stay really away from this one. It has some very experimental parts, but it becomes heavy enough in some parts. Not that I really care about "heavyness"

In Search For I could have been in RtR easily. That´s not bad, because I really dig RtR. Not too much to comment, and as I am a chorus lover, and it has a very good chorus, well, do the math.

F[r]iend is.... fucking cool. Never really expected to hear any growl by Anders again, and he did well. It has a good song structure too, of course, based on my tastes. I really was happy to hear Anders growling "FIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDD" and screaming "FRIEEEEEEEEEEENDDDDDDDD" at the same time.

And then comes my favourite. Dial 595-ESCAPE. Can´t really express my feelings, but this song has a good solo (just good, keep it in mind), but the song is damn good, as a whole. Really liked the chorus and all the rest.

As you can see, I see no problem with In Flames playing simple music now. Not as simple as new metal, but not as complex as their previous cds. Very different, sometimes strange to listen and say "Is that In Flames?", but at the same time, very In Flames. Some people will agree with me, some will flame me, some will just politely desagree (at least I expect). But in the end,it´s your opinion. I understand that many of you are disapointed with their new direction, but whinning about it will change nothing. There are many others GREAT bands around to listen, so listen to it, don´t waste your time with the "shitty" In Flames. As for me, they´re still my favourite band. :hotjump:

Holy fucking shit....F(r)iend is AWESOME! If any of you even say this sounds like nu-metal, you need to fucking die....wow!

I have SOOOO much more hope for this album...incredible.

I'll get back to you all with my opinion on Dead Alone.

Sounds really promising from what you said - can't wait to hear it. I feel on my own with this but I don't think they could write a bad song.

Blackthorned said:
Sounds really promising from what you said - can't wait to hear it. I feel on my own with this but I don't think they could write a bad song.

I completely agree dude......just wait until you hear those growls Anders pulls off in F(r)iend.....my god - He has never recorded those kind of vocals...it fucking rapes.

yeah, it starts out pretty gay, but still the way it builds up is awesome... It is one of my favorites on the album...