Best/Worst Refrain?

ChuckisGod

Jun 24, 2008
Worst...:puke:

1. Dead Alone (First time i heard this i couldn't believe my ears...)
2. Scream ( Ruins a pretty decent song completely)
3. Drifter ( Just totally out of place)
4. Cloud Connected ( Don't really like this song at all, but the refrain is very bad)
5. Bottled ( Just a bad song all around )
6. Reflect the Storm ( Same as Scream)
7. Versus Terminus ( Anders really shows why he shouldn't "sing" here)
8. Disconnected ( just dumb lyrics here )
9. Sober and Irrelevant ( Very Forgettable )
10. Leeches ( Emo lyrics AND an annoying voice )

Pretty much every song on CC has an annoying refrain

Best...:headbang:

1. Jotun ( Awesome lyrics and very catchy without resorting to clean vocals)
2. The Jester Race ( Just pure Melodeath greatness )
3. Gyroscope ( Again very catchy, with very intelligent lyrics)
4. Pinball map ( Best Clean vocals on Clayman )
5. Only For the Weak (In Flames' catchiest chorus)
6. Coerced Coexistence ( Anders "clean" Singing at its best)
7. Zombie Inc. ( amazing, and very real lyrics )
8. The New World (Awesome end to an awesome album)
9. Jester Script Transfigured (Very powerful song)
10. Evil in a Closet ( One of the few bright spots on STYE, lots of power and emotion in this one)

yes i am bored

Leeches?? No way dude, that's a failure on your part.
I'm glad to see that you like evil in a closet, though.

I wish I could call 'Everything Counts' an In Flames song, because they did a great job covering it.

Scream is definitely my most hated refrain. It sucks because instrumentally the song is rather thrashy and aggressive.

Scream is the infinite worst... diabolical and ruins an otherwise OK song. Other bad ones include Transparent, Egonomic (gayy), Dead Alone, Borders and Shading, Bottled, Reflect the Storm, Disconnected, and S&I. I have no problem with any others.

Awesome ones... take your pick off any of their old stuff before 2002, it's all fucking great. A few major favourites: Jotun, Gyroscope, JST, Episode 666, Ordinary Story, Zombie Inc., Insipid 2000, OFTW, ... As The Future Repeats Today, Suburban Me, Trigger, Minus, Like You Better Dead (I know this is universally hated, but I think the refrain on it is cool regardless of the song itself), Evil in a Closet, Dial-595, Dead End, Crawl Thru Knivez, Condemned and March to the Shore.

bad ones include Disconnected, and S&I.
I don't get the hate for those 2, the guitar rocks in both of those choruses.

Good ones: Condemned and March to the Shore.
Both Condemned and March to the Shore's choruses are fucking AWFUL in my opinion. It's just so simple, so short, so repetetive, so dull, so... incredibly bad and uninspired.

fail on multiple levels

gtfo, the Crawl Thru Knivez chorus is very anthematic. It was stuck in my head for ages.... shame they can't pull it off live, mind.

Minus' chorus is so unbelievably awesome, one of the high points of Reroute.

I've only recently started to really appreciate Minus... it's one of the best songs on R2R, period.

I don't get the hate for those 2, the guitar rocks in both of those choruses.

Disconnected, purely the lyrics... gay. I can't sing "I feel like shit" and feel good about it. The instruments in Disconnected are all pretty cool. S&I is just boring... sends me to sleep.

Both Condemned and March to the Shore's choruses are fucking AWFUL in my opinion. It's just so simple, so short, so repetetive, so dull, so... incredibly bad and uninspired.

I disagree completely, I like Condemned's chorus a lot... similar to CtK in that it's fairly anthematic, and Anders' singing is fine on it. The lyrics at the end are actually some of the better ones on ASOP as well... 'It's a hill to climb, would you dream if I designed the future, and not the end of time?', it's not Colony/Clayman but it's closer than most of the other lyrics on the CD. March to the Shore I picked for similar reasons of just being catchy and having OK singing, I had the chorus stuck in my head for days afterwards.

Unfortunately we're at the point where ASOP, much like R2R and STYE and CC, is going to enjoy ultra-negativity from all quarters due to the fact it's new. Eventually, much like R2R and even STYE are currently enjoying, people will look back in retrospect and realise ASOP is nowhere near as bad as they thought, but we're still two albums (four years-ish) away from that time.

gtfo, the Crawl Thru Knivez chorus is very anthematic. It was stuck in my head for ages.... shame they can't pull it off live, mind.

still fail!
I guess I just can't take the chorus seriously because the first couple of times I heard it I understood "It's in my ass"

I suppose if that's what you hear it is fail, but you might want to look a little deeper into why your mind is telling you that's what the song is saying ;D

CTK is one of my favs off CC, anyway.

Scream is the infinite worst... diabolical and ruins an otherwise OK song. Other bad ones include Transparent, Egonomic (gayy), Dead Alone, Borders and Shading, Bottled, Reflect the Storm, Disconnected, and S&I. I have no problem with any others.

Awesome ones... take your pick off any of their old stuff before 2002, it's all fucking great. A few major favourites: Jotun, Gyroscope, JST, Episode 666, Ordinary Story, Zombie Inc., Insipid 2000, OFTW, ... As The Future Repeats Today, Suburban Me, Trigger, Minus, Like You Better Dead (I know this is universally hated, but I think the refrain on it is cool regardless of the song itself), Evil in a Closet, Dial-595, Dead End, Crawl Thru Knivez, Condemned and March to the Shore.

Insipid 2000's is sick.

Condemned's lyrics are horrible IMO, especially that last chorus that you love, also:
"I dont recognise my soul
Condemnded to live in this black hole", the cheeziest rhyme ever, makes me wanna throw up, I actually like the "I feel like shit, but at least I feel something" line in Disconnected, at least it's something that I can relate to sometimes.
"Falling ideals, broken seals, march to the shore, you are a killer" must be one of the lamest choruses ever.
"All the words I hear, they don't mean a thing" Crappy chorus, again.
The Disconnected/Sleepless Again choruses are allright though!
There's so much shit on ASOP, but atleast there's some good stuff.

My point wasn't really that the lyrics were good (Except the Condemned last line, which I still think is fairly cool), as ASOP has collectively some of the lamest lyrics ever, but that they're catchy. The Disconnected line is catchy, but unless I go back to being 15 or whatever I'll never be able to sing "I feel like shit but at least I feel something" with a straight face. *shrug*

I think the cleans on Insipid 2000 are awesome, definately. Very well done. Same with Coerced Coexistence, they sound powerful.

That's my opinion btw, I'm not presenting it as fact.