I just bought Crimson 2...

opethmaniac

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
....and it's really good !!
Dan swano recorded some old riffs from the first episode and it sounds great !!
and sometimes,thank to the keyboard,it sounds like Sorskogen...
Really,good disc !!

i downloaded the advance. very, very good. i like it more than crimson i, which is saying a lot.

i counted about 6-7 crimson i riffs... us bored people do that on occasion >_>

What's the deal with the number of tracks, anyway? Dan made this incredibly confusing post about it, which he ended with something that contradicted everything he'd said. Is it just 1, or many? And is it easily rippable?

No, here is the deal.

Crimson II is one long song, indexed into 44 one minute tracks for convenience. Swano put 9 track names on the back to prevent stores from putting the album in the EP section. As far as I know, there is no way of knowing which part of the album these 9 track names correspond with. They are pretty much useless. The AMRC mp3 rip of it has it broken up into 9 tracks with the names Swano gave, but I think someone just broke it up wherever it seemed convenient and proper.

Anyway, I'm waiting for my pre-ordered copy from BlackMark...should ship out tomorrow with some free posters.

Useful Idiot said:
No, here is the deal.

Crimson II is one long song, indexed into 44 one minute tracks for convenience. Swano put 9 track names on the back to prevent stores from putting the album in the EP section. As far as I know, there is no way of knowing which part of the album these 9 track names correspond with. They are pretty much useless. The AMRC mp3 rip of it has it broken up into 9 tracks with the names Swano gave, but I think someone just broke it up wherever it seemed convenient and proper.

Anyway, I'm waiting for my pre-ordered copy from BlackMark...should ship out tomorrow with some free posters.

Useful Idiot, has anyone told you that you really ARE useful sometimes? :rolleyes:

Thanks. :wave: