I just put in the order for my new computer...

I believe we're gonna need more spec. details so we can get excited with you :headbang:

AMD 64 X2 2.8 Dual Processor
4gb Dual channel RAM
80gb system drive, 400gb backup (already have a 320gb) all 3gb/sec sata

Its the same exact thing as DSS3's setup... only I ordered more RAM (I believe) and more hard drives...

:) :) (i need to find that dancing gif that Gavin uses...)

AMD 64 X2 2.8 Dual Processor
4gb Dual channel RAM
80gb system drive, 400gb backup (already have a 320gb) all 3gb/sec sata

Its the same exact thing as DSS3's setup... only I ordered more RAM (I believe) and more hard drives...

:) :) (i need to find that dancing gif that Gavin uses...)

Sweet specs. I need to make the upgrade to a Dual core sometime soon. :headbang:

I don't know if 8gigs is going to be worth it - you'd have to be running a 64bit OS. Windows just came out with SP2 for 64-bit XP and it's supposedly fixed everything, but what are you going to be doing that requires that much RAM? Even DFHS only takes up 2 gigs max, and that's without TPC or 16-bit modes engaged.

Who knows - he could be preparing to run a *real* operating system that will be able to use his resources in a more intelligent way than Bam-Bam used his club.

Jeff

We are up, running and fully functional... so apparently some of the plug-ins I have don't work with PT7.3... so I get to stay with 7.1... no biggie...

Other than that... the sessions that were taxing my CPU at 95% are now only doing 25-30%... MAX!

I'm happy. (you can tell my this happy face here :) )

I switched from an intel... i wouldnt use intel for Pro Tools... it was giving me nothing but problems...

since i got everything configured on this... not only have my mixes been getting done faster, but i only use about 40% of my CPU and I run more than 75 plugs in a session by the end... and thats including about 5-7 instances of drumagog...

and it was hella cheap. glad i got it...

EDIT: oh and I've been running my computer for about 16 hours now... and havent had any problems... in tha last 16 hours i've gotten more done than 1 week on my intel single...

I'm returning my extra RAM... I haven't seen a need for it... I even brought dfh into the picture on a full track with over 75 plugs... still less than 50% cpu... sounds like shit cause i threw on just about every drums fill and part during the song that it doesnt even go with... but it proves that it works just fine. :)

More RAM isn't going to let you run more plugins, and DFHS really only takes up 1.5 gigs max, even without TPC and 16-bit engaged, thus why more than 2 gigs is not really needed.

Not to mention that a 32bit OS is not going to properly allocate 4 gigs of RAM.