I just read Lords Of Chaos

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Well, I finished reading Lords Of Chaos, revised edition, the infamous book that covers the black metal explosion in Norway. Further proof black metal is hilarious, thats all it is. Oh and the fact that the leading proponents of it are the most moronic people you will ever meet, as you will see...

Euronymous opens a shop called Hell where he sells records, when the church burnings start, his grandmother tells him not to talk to the media, so he doesnt. Grim. Euronymous also lets everyone think he is burning churches and killing people when in fact he never did any of it at all.

Varg Vikernes talks on and on about honour and standing to face ones enemies. Yet he stabbed Euronymous IN THE BACK after waking him up in the middle of the night. While Euronymous was still in his UNDERWEAR. Then in court Varg says it was self defense and that Euronymous was going to attack him!

An interview with Hellhammer, the drummer for Mayhem:

* Was the guitarist in Mayhem directly involved in the killing of Euronymous?

"Varg and Blackthorn were living in Bergen, about seven hours drive from Oslo. It was planned that they were going to kill him. So he was part of the murder but he didnt stab him, he just stood and watched."

* You dont sound very upset about this yourself.

"Im not."

* Werent you close to Euronymous?

"Well, I liked him a lot, but the fact that he was a communist offended me. Euronymous wanted to be very extreme, with the things in Soviet Russia you know? But after a while, a couple of years, he found out that communism was total shit. He realised this and then claimed to be fascist, but I dont know about that. He was a communist sadly."

The guy who went with Varg, drove the car and then just waited outside the apartment when Varg killed Euronymous got eight years in prison! Faust from Emperor got eight years in prison and he DID kill someone! What the hell kind of country IS Norway?

The idiots in Darkthrone pronounce their music as aryan metal and that jews shouldnt buy it, and when the backlash happened straight away (naturally and understandably), they put out a grovellingly pathetic press release about it being a misinterperatation! You should read it, its two pages long and shows them up for the money grubbing phonies they really are. All talk.

They showed a photo of Deads suicide that Euronymous took as well, it was yuck. He didnt miss when he shot himself, ill give him that. Dead is the Norwegian Kurt Cobain.

Ihsahn from Emperor is the ONLY person who comes off as being intelligent. He actually had thought provoking interviews and im not surprised he doesnt play black metal anymore, he is far too smart.

Immortal only got a couple of mentions, and they werent involved in any of the grim and kvlt evil poser stuff. Maybe they were too busy building igloos and wrestling polar bears off the coast of Blashyrk.

The book was interesting when it was talking about the formation of black metal and the influences etc. but it goes off on too many side tracks about Odinism, Satanism, UFOs and the Nazis (believe it or not) and some other strange stuff. Still, it was an interesting read for the most part, I give it a 7 out of 10.

Black metal is so silly :) That book would pretty funny to read as a bit of a laugh I think and to give myself further arguments as to why black metal is so dumb.

"The Dirt" is by far the best rock book ever written :headbang:

NOT ONCE KOICHI. Nor was snout even talked about! Not even when they started talking about Viking Metal.

You wanna know something cool, quite soon, I'm gunna brew up some homebrew Mead.

I just need to to find where to get 5 litres of fresh honey.

The Trooper said:
Black metal is so silly :) That book would pretty funny to read as a bit of a laugh I think and to give myself further arguments as to why black metal is so dumb.

"The Dirt" is by far the best rock book ever written :headbang:
Well lets be honest, black metal is certainly no sillier than glam :) But theres certainly a ton of ammunition in the book if you want to make fun of black metal :)

Koichi said:
You wanna know something cool, quite soon, I'm gunna brew up some homebrew Mead.

You will also need snout. And lots of it. Just like my Viking forefathers.

Koichi said:

There is a specialty honey making place around the corner from our place that sell honey plus if you go to co-op shops they have it humungous tubs! I will go look at the shop around the corner for you!