I just read Lords Of Chaos

DravenMist said:
I've been advised not to bother with the book, and I intend to keep it that way. I'd rather read the old Goosebumps series I had in Grade 3 again.
Considering all the information in it comes directly from the people involved, theres no other MORE accurate account of what happened than this book. Black metallers dont like it because it makes them look stupid thats all, though im sure you wouldnt like it, perhaps you should read it before passing judgement...

Finished reading the book a few weeks ago. Pretty good, except yeah when it goes off on a tangent or ten.

Does indeed make black metal people look like fucking morons, with the standout exception of Ihsahn. I lost a lot of respect for Hellhammer after reading his comments. :(

Greetings from Townsville, btw. Been through central oz, and arrived here this arvo. Nice.

Winmar said:
Does indeed make black metal people look like fucking morons, with the standout exception of Ihsahn. I lost a lot of respect for Hellhammer after reading his comments. :(
This is why BMers hold the book in so little regard. Interesting really, when the evidence is coming directly out of their own mouths.

Winmar said:

Greetings from Townsville, btw. Been through central oz, and arrived here this arvo. Nice.
You know, I honestly wonder whether Hellhammer even meant what he said, id be willing to bet he simply said it to keep the mystique that surrounds Mayhem going, its easy to talk shit about a dead guy after all... I cant take that band seriously when they sign a new contract and say that a lightning strike outside when they signed it was an example of the cursed existence of Mayhem.

That and the fact that the vocals on Wolf Lair Abyss sound like someone shoved glass down Maniacs throat and punched him in the spleen 56 times before letting him record them :) Buried By Time And Dust is an alright song though I must admit. As far as boringoldskoolnekrokvlt black metal goes anyway.

I think the biggest problem is that they were all very young and very stupid when they started out, and when a book chronicles everything they said at the time, its obviously not going to show them as the brightest sparks out there in metal land.

I didnt know Samoth was involved in the church burnings and went to jail either, im surprised Emperor ever found time to record albums!