I just saw a fucking monster on stage...

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
and it was Gojira. I just came home from Stockholm, and I*m pretty fucking drunk but I just want to write this and say that I saw Gojira... and they fucking RAPED the asses of every single goddamn one of us.

Too bad it was only like me and a couple friends plus two or three others who really jumped and digged Gojira, the rest of the mother fuckers were 15 year old In Flames lovers, goddamn cock suckers. (Please bear in mind I'm drunk and if you are offended... don't take it too seriously).

In Flames was the head line, Gojira was opening for In Flames, and Sonic Syndicate opened for Gojira. Sonic Syndicate was a complete fucking disaster, every goddamn song felt like a rip off, of In Flames, but with a slightly different style. In Flames new songs felt like they were written according to a recipe... a "this is how to make money from your songs"-recipe. Everything sounded exactly the same.

But one fact still remains... Gojira are gods... they are not polluted by the fucking main stream shit. I love them, peace out.

Drunkness... is nice.....

While I do think the band is really talented - their new CD was a big let down from their last. Production wise I think it sounds really fucking good, but overall the songs are just not as memorable or well structured. Not to say the talent is lacking, but sometimes I'll take a better rounded song over technical prowess.

While I do think the band is really talented - their new CD was a big let down from their last. Production wise I think it sounds really fucking good, but overall the songs are just not as memorable or well structured. Not to say the talent is lacking, but sometimes I'll take a better rounded song over technical prowess.

kinda know what you are saying, but for me, their latest album got a whole lot better after a few listenings. Took me 2-3 runs through the album and then I was hooked.

Fuck me, they're still one of the best bands out there, atleast when I compare them to all this fucking recipe-metal bull shit. Makes me sad... and now I want to sleep :(

A guy named Gojira liking Gojira - what are the chances of that happening, like one in ten million? Kind of like Lou Gehrig getting Lou Gehrig's disease.

Saw them a few weeks ago and I totally agree with Gojira (topic starter). I had the exact same feelings about In Flames/Sonic Syndicate as well...and I wasn't even drunk!! I also tried to figure out how they produce these weird squeels that you hear in some of their songs, but I wasn't able to nail it.

Saw them a few weeks ago and I totally agree with Gojira (topic starter). I had the exact same feelings about In Flames/Sonic Syndicate as well...and I wasn't even drunk!! I also tried to figure out how they produce these weird squeels that you hear in some of their songs, but I wasn't able to nail it.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how anyone can think that the new album isn't a progression.
It's a perfect combination of their faster stuff ala The Link and the really slow boring droney stuff off From Mars to Sirius, while the slower stuff on the new album isn't boring like it was on FMTS.

But I seem to be the only person in the universe that didn't like FMTS. The new shit is awesome IMO.

Sorry for this thread you all, I just started it without thinking and for no apparent reason really... :p I was completely wasted when I got home after a pretty wild night (halloween stuff downtown, boobies... girls, grr!)

-J-, yeah I'm shocked myself, what are the chances a guy named Gojira likes Gojira? :) Although, since Gojira is the japanese name for Godzilla... it could be so that I really loved the movie Godzilla (or Gojira), and never even heard of Gojira. Hell I like both.

Well fuck it, useless thread or not, drunk or not, they were still awesome up on stage. Watching Joe put his teeth up against the microphone while Mario is bashing the shit out of the drums (with grace)... I still shiver when I think about it :D

I hope my next solo project won't end up being a complete rip off of Gojira... because damn I feel too inspired by them now... I always was and now I'm even more!

no need to apologize, man. i'm sure they were very good. i'm waiting for them to come to my neck of the woods. sadly, VT USA isn't exactly known for it's metal scene so bands like them don't come around much. i read an interview that said they don't party and get all fucked up on tour so they give the best show possible every damn time. that's awesome to hear. a lot of bands look at tours like the chance to party for a few months straight and put on some fuckin' awful shows because of it.

i know what you mean about those pick scapes. they sound like a sidewinder missle coming in for the kill! i love that shit!

Fucken love Gojira! :headbang: You lucky bastard. :worship: Only thing I don't like is when they use that really fast beat shit. (whatever it's called, super duper blast beat?) You know the one's that sounds like a long wet fart? :lol: Yeah, hate them. I love there new one as well. :kickass:

I agree with the people above, Gojira is the best shit I've seen live so far.

The reason is... well what I think is that most bands really make an effort and try to be somebody else when they go up on stage. It feels like most people put on their "now-it's-time-to-play-a-show-again-so-let's-look-as-mean-as-we-can"-mask when they go on stage, and it feels kinda... fake, but the show can still be good, so don't get me wrong. However, I felt it immediately when Gojira got on stage, that they weren't TRYING to be something they aren't, it felt really sincere and honest.

They simply blew those 15 year old In Flames boys and girls straight out of the fucking Globen in Stockholm :)

Come to think of it... I've never been inspired personally and musically by anyone or anything as much as I've been from Devin Townsend/SYL and Gojira. I really wonder what the fuck my playing and my music would sound like if it weren't for them... scary thought (not implying my music is great at the moment, but it'll come :D).

Seen em last night....

WHY is In Flames touring with these guys? I hate saying shit like this, cuz I know the In Flames camp pretty well, but jesus CHRIST they just took a fucking beating... Gojira was SOOOOOO badass.... following that shit is a nightmare, man.

And 36 crazyfists... what the fuck was that? That guy's singing was... ehhhh, but anyways.

Sickeningly good. They should tour with Meshuggah... two tightest fucking bands ever

Heard that Gojira should be really great. "Borrowed" their album. I freind of mine read a statement like "They must have Hetfield genes" Give me a f`ng break. Oh my God what a piece of crap. Their songs have no energy or infective groove. Lame riffs and the worst of all a singer who thinks that "If I just scream with a low voice it will be metal". Absolutley no feeling what so ever. I´m am really amazed that the kids of today by this shit. The qualitythreshold keeps getting lower. Sorry but I hade to get this of my shoulders :)

Heard that Gojira should be really great. "Borrowed" their album. I freind of mine read a statement like "They must have Hetfield genes" Give me a f`ng break. Oh my God what a piece of crap. Their songs have no energy or infective groove. Lame riffs and the worst of all a singer who thinks that "If I just scream with a low voice it will be metal". Absolutley no feeling what so ever. I´m am really amazed that the kids of today by this shit. The qualitythreshold keeps getting lower. Sorry but I hade to get this of my shoulders :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh goddamn how that pissed me off! :lol: