I just wish for an objective media.

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
I know it is impossible to find a completely objective media source, because when it comes down to it everyone has their own agenda. I am rather sick of the propaganda being spread on the American air-waves; I see the arms of America stretching out across the world and hording resources and freedom for itself. That is the main reason there is so much hatred towards us, when it all comes down to it we only help those that we can benefit from helping. I don't know where I am trying to go with this, there are just so many things that upset me. One more thing, I am sick of people cashing in on the recent terrorists attacks; anti-terrorism classes, parachutes to escape sky-scrapers, give me a break. I am just glad I can lay in bed at night and listen to Opeth, America is good for that much. Oh well, sorry for the rant. Peace.

No to sound cruel, but you don't know what the hell your talking about. I guess all the money we send out and help we give other parts of the world when they have problems is for our own gain. Oh yeah helping feed and give medicine to Africa's poor and starving is helping our economy as well.

Mmmm... I can kind of see what your saying. Here in Australia the news outlets keep pushing the usual rhetoric: "War On Terrorism" "Attack on the free world", "America Strikes Back" etc, etc. It's easy to get carried away in all the emotion of the issue because what happened was obviously a horrific act. People need to keep a level head despite the tragic events. There's just too much at stake.

The point you make about the greed of the U.S keeps on coming up again and again. And to be honest, it's hard not to see some truth in it. In the end though, no matter how much other countries or groups of people hate America, nothing can justify what happened on September 11.

I am not fond of the media - it's a cut-throat business (emphasis on business). They do their research, and they've found the way to make the most $$ - which is capitalizing on the majority of America who wants to be fed the garbage they spew.

But on a more global note - regardless of the reasoning behind what America does - self-interest, greed, help those who benefit America, etc., I think the majority of what we do is helpful to global democracy. No plan is perfect, and America makes mistake upon mistake - but I believe we are the only country who attempts to reach out beyond our own boundaries, and really try to help the rest of the world.

I always say - what about our homeless, our education? Why spend $$ outside of America when we have enough to do here? My thought on this is that without America trying, there would be plenty more of 09/11/01 type attacks.

If you think this world would survive if every country cared only about themselves, I think that's crazy. There is an order in place - the dominent species theory (why humans rule the world). Amoung humans, there is an order of power, and right now, the U.S. seems to be #1. If the rest of the world believes we are the enemy - that's because their beliefs are different than ours (which is OK). But, I think (IMO) that the U.S. is the major reason for preventing a global war (again, maybe I believe this because I'm American, and because I believe what the media tells me), because we try to spread the word of freedom and democracy, which is more than any other country does.

I've always wondered with all the hatred towards the U.S., why other countries don't come to the plate. The reason we can is that our way has created $$ which can be spent on things like this, while other countries barely have financial stability on their own. Inflation sucks here, cost of living sucks, unemployment, etc. But, with all of the negatives, the U.S. still stands up.

Oh well, I went off the media topic, but I was in a ranting mood.:)