I LOVE OPETH

I like the fact that the production in the first two Opeth albums is rather raw. But the music is still heard very well and the emotions are still as strong as today. Pop music doesn't have much complexity too it. Or does it? Thats why I don't like pop...come on I thought we were all players of the same card game...Swearing to me reflects one's lack of a better vocabulary. I don't dismiss bands the way you say I do either. I don't see them as better than Opeth. Thats all. If I did I wouldn't have so many CDs and alot more Opeth shirts! Thanks for taking time to reply to my statements.

To quote myself: Quotes are so cute!

DreamingofUr said:
I don't dismiss bands the way you say I do either. I don't see them as better than Opeth. Thats all.

DreamingofUr said:
So if any of the bands you speak of have less than 6 riffs a song or sing only with growls...I'd rather not hear it. If they ever use foul language in their music and have little emotion then no thanks buddy!

Speaks for itself.

Like a lawyer trick! Too cool! I was referring to bands that are supposed to be so much better than Opeth. And if you say they are better and they have those qualities I WOULD RATHER NOT HEAR IT! Simply because I own too much already. Thanks and this is getting pretty entertaining! See ya in a few seconds!

Opeth are one of my favourite bands. This does not mean I limit myself to one or two bands. You have so much music that you don't want to hear any more of it? Bizarre.

Opeth are my favorite band. I love Arch Enemy,Nile,Rush,Carcass,Dream Theater, and PT! I'm just saying that Opeth are the best. I still listen to alot of upcoming bands but see no sight of evolution in any of these. Agalloch is doing wonderful things! Descanting the Insalubrious is great isn't it?! Never seem to get enough. Thanks for not being as hostile. I'm Dave and I'll be looking forward to the next!

You sound far less fanboyish than you did a while ago. Yes, Necroticism is a great CD.

I wish Amott could have stayed awhile longer though...what do you think about the new singer for ArchEnemy? Not new but fairly...I liked Liiva alot more. Are any of the early Carcass albums worth getting? Steer seems to be pretty damn awesome on the two albums I have from em.

Angela is less generic. Liiva's voice did get on my nerves a little at times, but he was far more original. I have yet to check out Carcass' earlier albums; I have Necroticism and Heartwork.

i just bought delieverence. i didn't really know what to expect from opeth. they where reconmended to me by my buddy. i thought i would give them a try. they are fucking amazing. the first time i listened to them my mouth hit the fucking floor in awe. mike vocals and lyrics are great and the music is untouchable. :OMG:

eek im a bit out of my element here.. i'm a reg on the symphony x board because thats my fav. band, but recently my friend introduced me to moonlapse vertigo, and i loved it. so i ran out and bought the still life album immediately. i guess i'm slowly making the death metal transition like people told me i eventually would (didn't believe them of course).

Actually you're just continuing your journey into progressive metal, which started with Symphony X for you, and your musical taste is expanding. Opeth aren't really death metal, they just have elements of it.