I need help-best 5 albums??

sinsofman

the eye of the beholder
Nov 14, 2001
australia
Visit site
:confused: G'day all...i'm confused...i just tried to narrow my favourite albums of all time down to 5!! I have it down to 9 and i'd appreciate a little help flicking a few off the list:)

1. Fear Factory - Demanufacture
2.Opeth - My arms your Hearse
3.Sepultura - Chaos AD
4.Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
5.SYL - City
6.Cryptopsy - Whisper Supremecy
7.Sepultura - Roots
8.Soilwork - A Predator's portrait
9.Skinlab - Disembody, the new flesh

Maybe i'm missing albums that i haven't even listed hear...shit my memory is bad....lol :loco: ...for a minute there i was going to put Brujeria in that list :rolleyes:

Originally posted by sinsofman
:confused: G'day all...i'm confused...i just tried to narrow my favourite albums of all time down to 5!! I have it down to 9 and i'd appreciate a little help flicking a few off the list:)

1. Fear Factory - Demanufacture
2.Opeth - My arms your Hearse
3.Sepultura - Chaos AD
4.Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
5.SYL - City
6.Cryptopsy - Whisper Supremecy
7.Sepultura - Roots
8.Soilwork - A Predator's portrait
9.Skinlab - Disembody, the new flesh

Maybe i'm missing albums that i haven't even listed hear...shit my memory is bad....lol :loco: ...for a minute there i was going to put Brujeria in that list :rolleyes:

Here's what I'd have after elimination:

1.Opeth - My arms your Hearse
2.SYL - City
3.Soilwork - A Predator's portrait
4.Sepultura - Chaos AD
5. Fear Factory - Demanufacture

Yeah, a best 5 albums thread is always gonna bring many different opinions. I like many of the albums on your list, but I just wouldn't rank them that high. The only one I don't understand is Roots; I thought that album sucked horribly. If you're gonna put Sepultura, put Arise. That album was amazing. Of course, many people may disagree.

kick the fuck out Fear Factory, Machine Head, Sepultura's "Roots" and Skinlab. Then you got the 5.

but this is the real top5 of all-time metal

1. Judas Priest - Defenders of the faith
2. Mercyful Fate - Don't break the oath
3. Slayer - Reign in blood
4. Exodus - Bonded by blood
5. Morbid Angel - Altars of madness

In no special order I pick 5 albums that is for sure some of the most important influences for me.

Slayer - Show no mercy
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Sadus - Illusions
Metallica - Kill em all
Death - Scream bloody gore

Well - these are MY 5 favorite:

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Grip Inc - Power of Inner Strength
The Tea Party - Edges of Twilight
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffitti
Metallica - Black album

why rank the top 5 albums, hell there are at least 20 or more fucking killer metal albums from like Slaughter of the Soul, to Reign in Blood, to Rust in Peace, to Mindcrime, to Screaming, to destroy erase improve, see the list goes on and on and on, and who the hell thinks Fear factory has the best album, do you listen to much metal?