I need recommendations

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
which Kalmah albums do you really recommend?
because I heard them in a friend's house and they are actually pretty good.
or which songs do you recommend to download?

well i think that both albums are worth of buying but probably u should first get Swamplord. They will Return is more difficult album..it kinda opens to u after several listening times and when i listened TWR several times it became my fav Kalmah album.:devil:

I have also just found this band and would need some advice which album I should buy first??
And don´t say: look at the reviews, because both albums have been rated very high and low too, so.... I have loaded all the sound samples from Kalmah´s page and I think Swamplord had much more impresasive sounds than They Will Return but these were just samples and I don´t think that I can get proper feeling of those songs....

So tell me straight: Swamplord or They Will Return??

it's really hard to say! but that should make it even easier for you, cos both albums are equally brilliant! :headbang: just buy the one you see first! and then the other one ;) both albums are damn melodic and just simply perfect! I'd say the 2 albums complement one another and don't compete

np: withering surface - walking on phantom ice -breed what you kill

I agree that the samples doesnt really give the whole picture but songs worth of trying are: Hades(Swamplord, Dance of the water(Swamplord), Withering away(Swamplord), Swamphell(They Will Return), They Will Return(They Will Return), Kill the Idealist(They Will Return):Smokedev:

I´ve just bought They Will Return and its awesome! I was going to buy Swamplord but the shop did not have it so I "had" to buy the newer album.....but what an album it was!!! MY NATION is propably the best song I´ve ever heard!!! It went through my head straigh away and left a lifetime lasting scar. and soon as I get some money I´m gona get Swamplord also...and it´s very true that soundsamples don´t give a clear image of the song. Now that I have the album it will be playing in my stereos so long that there is nothing left of it when I´ll stop listening to it...or propably not even then....

Keep this awesome stuff coming Kalmah!!!!!!!!!!!!

both albums are brillant, but in my opinion debut "swamplord" is better, because is fresh, something like COB "something wild". "they will return" is much mature...

opacity: you don't understand me:p "fresh as COB" mean "swamplord" is something new in metal, not compare to COB. in my opinion KALMAH is much better than COB :D

we'll just have to wait and see if kalmah drops the ball on their third like CoB. follow the reaper was kind of disapointing. lets hope kalmah can stay on top.
-neal

I actually really liked Follow the Reaper. Oh well, to each his own. Both Kalmah albums have been incredible. If I had to pick one, it would be Swamplord. But Repi is right, the more I listen to They Will Return, the more I like it.