recommendations

Titus_Andronicus

A tortoured soul
Dec 3, 2002
neve-monoson, israel
Visit site
to revive this board a little here you are asked to write recommendations\reviews of albums\bands you heard and liked...

i would like to recommend SCARVE which is a death metal group hailing from france, they're like messhuggah only less technical and they incorporate clean vocals too. highly recommended. full length songs can be downloaded here in they're official page.

also i would like too recommend the new THYRFING album, very melodic viking death metal with keyboards. highly recommended as well, download sound files here .
both of these albums were produced by daniel bergstrand (meshuggah, darkane...).

and thats it, now start writing.
cause, if you dont
I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!

or i could just guess... :bah:

Here's some of the following albums I'd highly reccomend:
Litham--Dhal Ennar. This is an Algerian band, mostly death metal, but with elements of doom and gothic, and of course a bit of emphasis on Arabic music. I think that fans of Orphaned Land would really like their music. Its a bit darker and mysterious, but its really, really good! :D litham.fr.st
Revenant--Overman. This is the new CD by the thrash legends, but it was recorded in 1995 and remixed last year by Erik Rutan. Its much heavier than their "Prophecies..." album, and even if it only contains 4 songs, they are really good. Their emphasis is on creating a really desolate atmosphere with creepy, weird riffs. Its limited edition and you can get it by contacting the band.
Phantasmagory--Odd Sounds. Ukrainian progressive death metal with psychedelic elements. This is an awesome band, and in my opinion this is their crowning masterpiece. Its like Opeth's "Morningrise" with a few sections that recall Pestilence, Atheist, and Nocturnus. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT!!!
Invocator--Weave the Apocalypse. Totally cool overlooked thrash. Its definatly a perfect album.
That's all I can think of for now.:)

Thanks for your recommendations mate!
say, do you know any link for a Litham homepage? sounds highly interesting..

as for my recommendation: the mist and the morning dew- a comprehensive doom band form finland with female vocals. i think that opeth fans will find them interesting, as well as folk metal fans. very melodic and melancholic, and yet clear and fluent.

The mist and morning dew

its a review i wrote a while ago for BLACKMETAL.CO.UK about the first fintroll`s CD:
(for the folk metal lovers)

its not a simple task to describe this band and their first album "Midnattens Widunder", if you listen to the first track you can easily think that you are listening to a compilation CD of walt Disney`s "fantasia". but very soon comes "katla" the vocalist and in a sinister trolian voice explain why it is not related to any Disney movie...

the music is a mix of classical , Viking metal , black metal , and "humppa" music.
don't you know what is "humppa" music? really? what's wrong with you?
just kidding...

"humppa" music (a variety of polka) is a Finnish folk style with a rhythm that reminds me "harmonica".

the lyrics of finntroll is talking about the war between the trolls to the Christians.
in one song they describe how does the trolls are braking into a sauna and slaying 2 priests...

after you know the lyrics you can understand the whole story by listening to the music , you can hear the war , the defet and the winning of a battle.

the words are in Swedish (the second official language in Finland) so don't try to understand... look for the translated text on the internet...

i wanna recommend 5 bands,or you can call it my top5 :)

1-SENTENCED-it's a band from scandinavian finland,their all albums are great,the sound was death metal at the beginning but their last 4 albums are more melodic,depressive and melancholic,the lyrics are killing me!..
2-KATATONIA-it's a band from Sweden and about their sound i just can say:pAIN
3-ORPHANED LAND-do u know this band? :)
4-ANATHEMA-a band from UK,it's a music feast full of regret,pain and doom..
5-DREAM THEATER-the big band!respect!

got problems with disco??? :mad:
f36728zr6cw.jpg