New bands to share?

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
I seem to be on the tail end of all band recommendations, but here goes:
I read in the 'Bands of the moment' thread the name Threshold. I'd heard of them before, but what I heard of their stuff, I didn't like.
Well, I went to their site and downloaded 3 songs. Each one is pretty damned good, but there's a track called Light and Space. It's really great. I highly recommend checking them out if you haven't already. I think their site is www.threshold.net

Also Symphony X's UM neighbours, Sun Caged. I heard of those a while ago, too (some members posted on the Planet X 'board, I think). I just didn't get round to downloading their stuff. They've got 4 mp3's on their site, and a couple of videos. They're absolutely amazing, not least because of the way they act on stage.
Great and complex playing and composition.

go with ayreon!! it's a symphonic rock opera with different singers

very bombastic!,heavy,melodic,progressive

i would recommend- the final experiment or the electric castle.

the star one project that is the same concept than ayreon

but focusing on the heavy side, still withs lot of keyboard and different singers.

Hey Dave, I checked out Akashic. They're a little TOO much like symphony X for my liking. Even the vocals sound a bit like Sir Russ. Since I'm not a HUGE symphony X fan (I mosty like Romeo's outstanding playing), I didn't think it was so hot; good, but not great.
Surely bigger SX fans will love it, though.
They seem to plod along just with the guitar, bass and drums going "de-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne" too much (judging from only those 3 clips).
That said, the playing is fantastic. The guitarist is ultra clean. And that's what I listen mostly for: clean playing.

@Winter: I love Pain of Palvation. I saw them play live this year supporting Dream Theater. I have One Hour, Perfect Element part 1, and Remedy Lane. RL is an incredible concept album. I think One Hour is the best introduction to the band, but RL is their most intelligent effort yet.

One of the best sounding power metal (loathe that term) bands I've heard in a long time is Ion Vein. I think I've said this before. but you can find their stuff on MP3.com. It's godly stuff! Divinity Destroyed is another band I love from MP3.com. Also, Marc Pattison is a BADASS on the guitar. He blows my mind!

np - lefay

Originally posted by KameloX
One of the best sounding power metal (loathe that term) bands I've heard in a long time is Ion Vein. I think I've said this before. but you can find their stuff on MP3.com. It's godly stuff!

np - lefay

I definately agree with you about Ion Vein...another awesome band. It was great playing with them in Chicago last year at the first ProgPower. I really hope we get another chance to something with those guys.

~D

Originally posted by Dave - Power of Omens
I definately agree with you about Ion Vein...another awesome band. It was great playing with them in Chicago last year at the first ProgPower. I really hope we get another chance to something with those guys.

~D

I can't wait for the new Ion Vein... should be a big step-up from the first CD.

Of course, having Kernon as the producer will make it sound huge.

He's produced the new Enertia as well... another highly anticipated release.

Zilla