Suggest me some bands

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Alright, I've added all the bands on my hard drive (most of which I own, so you anti-mp3 people can quit worrying). I've got a few I'm gonna check out, but I'd like some suggestions. I mostly listen to technical, thrash, and prog, but I'm open to most styles except black (at least I haven't heard a black metal band I've liked). So, suggest me some bands that aren't on the site, I'll research 'em and add their info.

PS, if it's a Dream Theater side project, hold your breath, I'm just about to get to all those that I didn't already. :)

Later.

uhm... I do this everytime, call me dull, or call me a fan, but here goes:

The Black League (don't worry, it's not black metal)

And of course if you haven't heard ANY good black metal, try Dissection (kind of black/death mix) or Unanimated.

I'm so bold and post a few names (bands I like and own albums of) - better I give no style description :)

Cemetery Of Scream
No Return
Eldritch
Legenda
Yearning
Diabolical Masquerade
Suidakra
Brimstone
Lux Occulta
Morgul
Old Man's Child
Kalmah
Mephistopheles
Burden Of Grief

Carefull w Eldritch dude. Their last album is quite different from their earlier works. It is great, but their previous ones are much more technical and more progressive like. I like em all. :)

Hey metalized, glad to see you're still alive. I listened to what I could find from Eldritch, 2 songs from each cd. You're right, the last one is different, but it sounded good. I ended up getting the first 3 'cause they are all out of print but laser's edge had some copies left. Didn't want to regret it later :)

maybe you could add
totenmond
german dunno-what-kind-of-metal.
started as a punk band but got more into industrial death over time. i recommend album "reich in rost". be sure not to misinterpret the lyrics, though, as the band easily is assosiated with nazi-metal which is not the case. the last album they released was a cover-cd of underground german punk-songs in totenmond-style. i have looked for a website but couldn't find anything in short time.

CORPORATION 187

death/thrash in the style of The Haunted..

nobody on the goddamn planet knows about these guys but me, apparently. I can't even find a website for them.. They could be broken up for all I know

try ENTER CHAOS :D address of site and samples you could find at my signature ;) it's something between NWOSDM and american death with female vocalist