Suggest me some bands

otyg is that crappy folk band right? I almost laughed myself silly when I heard that utter piece of shit. I'm lucky my brain didn't explode to alleviate the pain caused from those sound waves entering my skull. Seriously, I thought it was a joke; I almost cried when I found out it was a "serious" band and people actually enjoyed it.

Someone mentioned The Apparatus above; I have the track worms on my comp; it's pretty cool, I'll check out more later.

The Enter Chaos samples sounded pretty cool, but I thought you meant it was death metal style with clean female vox. I misunderstood. This chick sounds like Gossow from Arch Enemy. Not my favorite style, but good for what it is.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville

The Enter Chaos samples sounded pretty cool, but I thought you meant it was death metal style with clean female vox. I misunderstood. This chick sounds like Gossow from Arch Enemy. Not my favorite style, but good for what it is.

arghhhhh... i hate this comparison. Martex have other voice than Angela. there is like comparison Dan Swano with Anders Friden. you all comparison Martex with Angela, because both of them are women. it's crazy...
btw: Martex sing longer than Angela. she recorded 3 albums and some vocals parts on friends album...

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
otyg is that crappy folk band right? I almost laughed myself silly when I heard that utter piece of shit. I'm lucky my brain didn't explode to alleviate the pain caused from those sound waves entering my skull. Seriously, I thought it was a joke; I almost cried when I found out it was a "serious" band and people actually enjoyed it.

Otyg is definitely one of my favorites so cry on :lol: :p

Speaking of Canadian...I heard a song just now from Eidolon... great stuff! There a band out of Ohio called Archetype that is AWESOME! I know those two bands from Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles samplers (can't say enough good stuff about that mag!)
One band in the vein of Dream Theatre, Fates Warning, Queensryche: Power of Omens! www. powerofomens.com Their forum is on this site, too! Did someone say vein? Check out Ion Vein... some of the best stuff I've heard in a long time!!

Didn't bother to read all these, check out Sun Caged. It's great prog, and I think they're in the process of getting an album out.

Jethro Tull definitely deserves a place in the Librarius Metallicus. They aren't strictly metal, but then, neither are Led Zeppelin and Uriah Heep, who both have (well deserved) entries. By proxy through Iron Maiden, Tull has had a profound influence on metal. Hope to see them added soon.