new, suggest some bands

i'm also new, so would you be able to help me out too? I've only listerned to COB, the only albums I truly loved of theres where, something wild and tokyo warhearts. Slayer, I've only heard Indestructible. Slipknot, and I only liked there last two albums. I love all of metallicas albums. Like some songs from korn and the same goes for nightwish. I can't believe i'm going to say this on a metal forum but I love celtic music too!

So, would anyone be willing to help me out?

Bands along the lines of COB:

Skyfire
Kalmah

Try also other melodic death bands like:

Soilwork
Darkane
Intestine Baalism
At The Gates
Unanimated
Disarmonia Mundi
Dark Tranquillity
Dawn Of Dreams
The Crown

For metal influenced by Celtic music check out Aeternus. Their Dark Sorceries (EP), Beyond The Wandering Moon and ...And So The Night Became. Both full-lenght albums have been re-released with songs from their debut ep included, so you could buy that if you like the music.

i'm also new, so would you be able to help me out too? I've only listerned to COB, the only albums I truly loved of theres where, something wild and tokyo warhearts. Slayer, I've only heard Indestructible. Slipknot, and I only liked there last two albums. I love all of metallicas albums. Like some songs from korn and the same goes for nightwish. I can't believe i'm going to say this on a metal forum but I love celtic music too!

So, would anyone be willing to help me out?

Well...
First off, with Slayer you need Reign In Blood and South of Heaven. Others will say Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy are also essential, those are definitely good albums but I don't find them so jaw-dropping. Anyhow.

If you like Celtic music and metal try Eluveitie...

Bodom type stuff: Skyfire, Kalmah. You also could try Kiuas. For a truer melodic death metal sound try Amon Amarth, At The Gates, old In Flames and Dark Tranquility.

If you like Metallica's first 4 thrash is for you, try Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Testament, Exodus, Dark Angel.

If you dig Nightwish try some other European-style (i.e. gay in the eyes of a lot of people around here) power metal. Avantasia (first 2 only), Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, all that. None of these have those female vocals, just guys singing really high.

Last edited by a moderator: