Suggest some new thrash bands

gollum

New Metal Member
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
First I guess I should say hello to everyone since I am new here..

*stupid metalhead voice* Whats up,dudes?

Okay, that's done. Thanks to the people on this particular forum I have found some great new bands. These include Kataklysm, Monstrosity, The Crown and of course, Vehemence.

Death metal is my primary interest but I also like some thrash. I suppose you could describe the kind of thrash I like as death thrash or black thrash or something like that. Dont really care for pure speed metal either. I'm old school, just getting into some new material. I heard a song from The Crown and really like that style. That's the kind of sound I'm talking about. It's borderline death metal but faster. I also like Children of Bodom although I dont know if I would call them death thrash. I dont know what they are but I like their stuff. I've also been hearing a lot about Destoryer 666 but have only heard bits and pieces off sample mp3s.

Anyway, I'm looking for some other suggests in this genre. As I said, I already found TONS of death metal to check out. I have a list as long as my arm. So now I'm on a thrash mission. If anyone would care to suggest a band or two that would be pretty neat-o. :D

You guys knew exactly what I was talking about.

I checked out Darkane, Dew Scented and Carnal Forge. This is the kind of thrash I like. I've heard a few songs but I've heard enough to know their style.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's been a nonstop thrash attack at my desk for the last few hours :headbang:

Everyone is on the same page here, I like that. Welcome to the Vehemence board Golem, I call Behemoth's sound guy that -Golem...why because one night he put on black metal paint and did the Golem impression for a full straight hour while we were hammered drunk. Good to be seeing him soon.. on the 6fu tour.

Here is my two cents on the bands mentioned.

Kataklysm-I like temple of Knowledge era the best, but I like what they have become..they progressed, each new album gets better and better.

Monstrosity-I only like the Millieum album with corpsegrinder.

The Crown -hell is here, death by my side, best song on there. I think i should listen to it now, since i havent in months!
I am into all sorts of music, styles, of metal.

CHildren of Bodom have their own thing going along with all the Finnish Metal bands there. Norther, Kalmah, Warmen, ect ect

Destoryer 666 is prety much satatnic in the lyric deparment from AU.i got the cd with the wolf on the cover.

Check out these my good buddy.

http://www.illdisposed.dk ILL DISPOSED (DK)

http://listen.to/embraced EMBRACED (SWE)

http://hem.passagen.se/theory/index2.html THEORY IN PRACTICE (SWE)

http://www.symbyosis.com/ SYMBYOSIS (FRANCE)

Theory in Practice, they are way fucking technical. I love it.

Might be worth checking out some newer Chimaira too. Thrashy/groove shit. It's not in the league of say.. Carnal Forge, but hey.

I guess I'll state the obvious, and 'cause no one else said it.

At the Gates? Goatwhore, Hypocrisy....Those sound like you might like them.

Nice, Goatwhore! It's, from what I hear, a weird combination of Norse BM and that sludgy, miserable (in a good way) New Orleans sound...didn't AA tour with them?

Actually I do like At The Gates and Hypocrisy, so you're right about that!

I dont know if I would call them thrash, though. Perhaps. I always considered them death metal.

Never heard of Goatwhore although the name kills me.

I'm diggin' Carnal Forge as well. It's incredible how much stuff is out there.

At The Gates...yeah, they had that thrashy touch. They played a huge influence in Sweden, for reasons that are beyond me. And, speaking of which...are you interested in hearing Illdisposed covering "Slaughter of The Soul"? www.danishmetal.dk

another Thrash band came to mind: www.sacrificial.dk

Hatesphere...yeah if you've heard Hatesphere you'll know how Sacrificial sounds...Aborted...those Belgian sickos?

Patric, that just kicked my ass. A very good cover of Slaughter the Soul. Even though I was a bit taken back when I first clicked on the link and saw the language the site was written in! Yikes! Luckily I stumbled my way to the "mp3" link and all was well.

I keep hearing about Ill Disposed but this was the first time I was able to find any of their material to listen to. I liked the cover, now I just need to find some of their originals.

I haven't heard Aborted. Yet another band to look into.

While I was listening to Ill Disposed I browsed some of the other mp3s and came across Hatesphere. Yeah, baby. First song I heard was Addicted Soul and immediately I knew I like this band. Love those harsh yet human sounding vocals sung in two different styles. The one thing I dont like about this style of extreme music is when the vocalist goes too far and the singing just becomes a wall of gargled grumbles.

Really like Hatesphere. One of my favorite new thrash bands along with The Crown, Darkane and Dew Scented. I can't wait to get my next CD order together :D

Thanks again to all the cool people on this board for taking the time to share their ideas and their favorite bands.