new, suggest some bands

AndyA7X

New Metal Member
Dec 5, 2008
alright, i'm new to this forum, i've currently been looking for some new music to listen to. I want to hear the hardest bands possible, but I'm not really into anyone like Cannibal Corpse or anything like that, thats a little too extreme for me, but some wild or contraversial antics might be alright. I've listened to Morbid Angel a bit lately, they aren't bad. Help me out.

By looking at your nick I already know you are fond of Avenged Sevenfold, but I'd suggest you explain what you're looking for so we can help you out. Making suggestion blindly won't help you much I think.

yeah they're sweet i love them. basically i'm looking for heavy guitars, insane amounts of screaming, but no one that wants to like sacrifice people on stage or weird shit like that. Honestly it doesn't matter, i'll try anything within reason

Very well, i'll give you classic examples of each genre and personal recommendations:

The Chasm: Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph (death metal)
Blut Aus Nord: The Work Which Transforms God, Memoria Vetusta(black, post)
Deathspell Omega: Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice (black metal)
Therion: Beyond Sanctorum (death metal)
Gris: Il Était Une Forêt... (depressive black metal)
Unanimated: Ancient God Of Evil (melodic death metal)
Burzum: Hvis lyset tar oss (black metal)
Anaal Nathrakh: Hell is Empty, And All The Devils Are Here (black metal)
Axis Of Perdition: The Ichneumon Method (black metal)
Demigod: Slumber Of Sullen Eyes (death metal)
Cryptopsy: None So Vile (brutal death)
Lykathea Aflame: Elvenefris (brutal death)
Soilwork: The Chainheart Machine (melodic death)
Mayhem: De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (black metal)
Darkthrone: Soulside Journey (death metal)
Darkthrone: Thransylvanian Hunger (black Metal)
Miasma: Changes (death Metal)
At The Gates: The Red In The Sky Is Ours (Melodic death)
Intestine Baalism: An Anatomy Of The Beast (death, melodic death)
Suffocation: Effigy Of The Forgotten, Pierced From Within (brutal death)
Aeternus: Beyond The Wandering Moon, And So The Night Became (black metal)

oh i love slayer, Reign In Blood is amazing, thanks for the recomendations guys, i'll be checking some of them out.

Very well, i'll give you classic examples of each genre and personal recommendations:

The Chasm: Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph (death metal)
Blut Aus Nord: The Work Which Transforms God, Memoria Vetusta(black, post)
Deathspell Omega: Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice (black metal)
Therion: Beyond Sanctorum (death metal)
Gris: Il Était Une Forêt... (depressive black metal)
Unanimated: Ancient God Of Evil (melodic death metal)
Burzum: Hvis lyset tar oss (black metal)
Anaal Nathrakh: Hell is Empty, And All The Devils Are Here (black metal)
Axis Of Perdition: The Ichneumon Method (black metal)
Demigod: Slumber Of Sullen Eyes (death metal)
Cryptopsy: None So Vile (brutal death)
Lykathea Aflame: Elvenefris (brutal death)
Soilwork: The Chainheart Machine (melodic death)
Mayhem: De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (black metal)
Darkthrone: Soulside Journey (death metal)
Darkthrone: Thransylvanian Hunger (black Metal)
Miasma: Changes (death Metal)
At The Gates: The Red In The Sky Is Ours (Melodic death)
Intestine Baalism: An Anatomy Of The Beast (death, melodic death)
Suffocation: Effigy Of The Forgotten, Pierced From Within (brutal death)
Aeternus: Beyond The Wandering Moon, And So The Night Became (black metal)

What makes you think he'll like any of those bands when he stated Cannibal Corpse is too extreme? I think he wants something more along the lines of anything -core.

What makes you think he'll like any of those bands when he stated Cannibal Corpse is too extreme? I think he wants something more along the lines of anything -core.

Maybe because I didn't see that? :Smug: Still, the melodic death metal bands are worth a try.

My guess is he'll flip for the Gothenburg stuff. Try In Flames - Whoracle, At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul, and The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed.
EDIT: And maybe Kreator - Enemy Of God

insane amounts of screaming

Underoath

lol jk

this guy is looking for gateway bands into metal

which imo are best discovered for oneself

dang thangs all, i like a lot of heavy bands but i've just been craving more, i'll let you know what i like, but i'm definately going to check these out, i'm somewhat inexperienced when it comes to real metal i guess, so bare with me if u think i'm a puss or something.

dang thangs all, i like a lot of heavy bands but i've just been craving more, i'll let you know what i like, but i'm definately going to check these out, i'm somewhat inexperienced when it comes to real metal i guess, so bare with me if u think i'm a puss or something.

Yes report back so we can give more/better recs.

hey Andy you might like this one, check out the sweet breakdown at 3:33. compared to what i listen to now, AILD is pretty light, but i will always regard them as one of the bands that introduced me to metal 2 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm also new, so would you be able to help me out too? I've only listerned to COB, the only albums I truly loved of theres where, something wild and tokyo warhearts. Slayer, I've only heard Indestructible. Slipknot, and I only liked there last two albums. I love all of metallicas albums. Like some songs from korn and the same goes for nightwish. I can't believe i'm going to say this on a metal forum but I love celtic music too!

So, would anyone be willing to help me out?

Indestructible is Disturbed, not Slayer, and I'm pretty sure everyone here will agree that "liking celtic music" is a lot more metal than anything else you listed.

Try some Pagan Altar? They have a sort of Celtic sound and they're awesome.