Any good black metal bands?

Yngvai X said:
nooooooooo, that term is stupid as fuck. what are they, fish? And the neoclassical influences stop pretty much after hatebreeder. I'd say they're thrash/power musically. Their vocals aren't even straight black metal, its like a mix of black and shouted thrash.
I don't hear enough thrash influence in the music to warrant a "power-thrash" tag. Blackened power metal they are.

YOU HAVE FAILED TO CONVINCE ME.

soulshred said:
Whats right to call COB.
Trash-power-prog- black metal?

yes, the only black metal element thay have are probably vocals though.

Punk Rock from Hell as Alexi Laiho said in an interview.

I think its just best to label them Metal.

But if you are going to genre them I think the Melodic/Death category is just fine.

karelrulez said:
can't we just enjoy the music. who cares if COB's black metal or not. it has harsh vocals, isn't that what you guys want? :p
The thing is that if he's looking for black metal bands, he's horribly mistaken if he thinks black metal bands sound like bodom; that's why it's best to label bands correctly.

Other bands (related to the genre) that are worthy of a listen:

Negurã Bunget
Summoning
Bethlehem
Weakling

arglebargle said:
I don't hear enough thrash influence in the music to warrant a "power-thrash" tag. Blackened power metal they are.

YOU HAVE FAILED TO CONVINCE ME.

You don't hear thrash in stuff like Sixpounder, You're better off Dead, Hate Crew Deathroll, Bodom After Midnight, Lake Bodom, Hatebreeder, Towards Dead End, etc etc?

Ultimate_Symphony said:
The thing is that if he's looking for black metal bands, he's horribly mistaken if he thinks black metal bands sound like bodom; that's why it's best to label bands correctly.

Other bands (related to the genre) that are worthy of a listen:

Negurã Bunget
Summoning
Bethlehem
Weakling

yes, thats what ı exactly thought before ı started this thread

when you get down to it guys, bodom is just a fricken killer prog metal band with thrash/black and melodic death elements added to it. and cradle of filth is not black metal its gay metal

goth_fiend said:
when you get down to it guys, bodom is just a fricken killer prog metal band with thrash/black and melodic death elements added to it. and cradle of filth is not black metal its gay metal

Where the hell are you hearing any sort of "prog" element in bodom's music?

Yeah, i know i used to say differently, but they are now closer to a thrash band than anything, just with harsher vocals than most thrash (save possibly newer testament and the haunted). They used to be more melodic death, but i think they have changed their boundries. as for power/prog/black, you have to be smoking some serious crack to think that any of those come into play.