Any good black metal bands?

goth_fiend said:
when you get down to it guys, bodom is just a fricken killer prog metal band with thrash/black and melodic death elements added to it. and cradle of filth is not black metal its gay metal
:lol: at Bodom being mentioned in the same breath as "prog." Right on, buddy.

Abigor, Gontyna Kry, Limbonic Art, Dawn anyone?

Summoning is one of the best bands I've ever heard. Silenius and Protector know how to paint a musical picture black tolkien fucking metal.

If you are looking for bands with COB style, do not go for black metal. Immortal, Mayhem and all the other church-burners aren't very much to listen at, if you ask me.. It's just noice. In a interwiev with the mayhem bassplayer he said "Melodic? You're not supposed to hum black metal!" Thats a pretty good summery of all black.

I recomend you Dissection. A killer band (get the point?) from Sweden. Also Death (chuck R.I.P.) is a band with the same kind of attitude. Lots of beer, little respect!

But if you're looking for interresting growling bands, go for Opeth (Sweden). That will change your life.. o_O

Guitardeth said:
If you are looking for bands with COB style, do not go for black metal. Immortal, Mayhem and all the other church-burners aren't very much to listen at, if you ask me.. It's just noice. In a interwiev with the mayhem bassplayer he said "Melodic? You're not supposed to hum black metal!" Thats a pretty good summery of all black.

I recomend you Dissection. A killer band (get the point?) from Sweden. Also Death (chuck R.I.P.) is a band with the same kind of attitude. Lots of beer, little respect!

But if you're looking for interresting growling bands, go for Opeth (Sweden). That will change your life.. o_O
Opeth and Death are nowhere near black metal.

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness :worship: or Blessed are the sick, Possessed - Seven Churches. Yes I am (into) old :Smug: Black/Death Metal

Samael (Ceremony of Opposites, Rebellion, Blood Ritual)

Grand Belial's Key (Judeobeast Assassination, Castrate The Redeemer)

Bathory (Blood Fire Death)

Evelienne said:
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness :worship: or Blessed are the sick, Possessed - Seven Churches. Yes I am (into) old :Smug: Black/Death Metal
You're into old death metal, sure, but none of those are black metal either.

Does anyone here even know what black metal is?