i need some guinea pigs

UE said:
well vova, 10x for the cd, it was one of the best albums that i have heard in a long time.... :tickled:
for those who read this, i am 16 years old and i play the bass in our band (mine and vova's {Beorn of MythOdeviL})
well... what can i say about this album.....
the vocals are the best thing in it. i must say that it sounded like James Hatfield's vocals at first but then i understood that he is not the only one with such a good voice... but there was one bad thing about it... the vocalist somtimes scremed, that really hurt my ears
about the guitars... i understand that you are aware of the lack of solos but the solos were really good.
the drums: great! not enough cymbals but great.
bass: for me it is the most important thing.... so now i must say some things:
1) why 6 strings? :confused: you are not John Myung!!!!
2) the effect, :ill: , made me wanna vomit!
3) well... dont think i say that you are bad... you are a lot better than me with your technique (i play for only 6 months...) but i didn't like your work.

after all... your album is very good! i love it! keep on going and you will be big stars! aspecially with the third track of your album!

keep on rockin'!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Bob from Panic Cell here. After weeks of seeing this thread work wonders, I've now taken post and have decided to come on board, unfortunately I've got to admit it's becos of UE's post:( (Can't have my rep tarnished at some an early stage in the bands career!!!)

Dude, in answer to your questions:

1) why 6 strings? :confused: you are not John Myung!!!!
Your absolutely right, I'm not John Myung, I'm Bob Town. Or Robert as affectionally known by folks:) Just kidding. I've played a six string now for nearly 10 years. I feel more comfortable with one than i do, compared to a 4 or a 5 string. Must admit to not being in the same category as John Myung and so far there's not been a need for me to use the top string in Panic Cell, but I'm looking to change that (ask the guys, I've been threatning for a while) as I've been known to utalise the 6 string in the past. Just for the record as well, John Myung was the main reason why I bought a 6 string in the first place. I sooooooo had to have a stab at Metropolis (part 1) back in 1993 (showing age, but I still under 30!!!....just;))

2) the effect, :ill: , made me wanna vomit!
I'll send you over a bowl whenever ya listen to the album. Seriously, u hate it that much? Must admit, I wasn't sure about the tone when we were recording, but it's grown on me and I'm looking to capture something similar in my live sound but with slightly less dorty. Bear in mind, when we did the album we were so limited to time and money.......all in all we're damn proud of whats been achieved. Bring on the 2nd album.....instead of 2 weeks in the studio we'lll have 2-3 months.........boooooo-shannnk!!!!!!

3) well... dont think i say that you are bad... you are a lot better than me with your technique (i play for only 6 months...) but i didn't like your work.

Your opinion dude, and your entitled to it. All I can say is that I can't wait for the 23rd Feb (album release), the video for "Away From Here" debuts on TV 14th Feb, and our UK Tour on the 12th March :)

Finally......naaahhh, why would I kick ya ass........a bit of debate ad critiscm makes for a better world.........

slaters

Well dude I thought your Bass playin was pretty good and the sound wasnt that bad at all lol I'm a Bass player too though I dont think I will be straping on a 6 string bass anytime soon I'll stick with my four ...... Anyways Keep up the good work!

bob,

I thought you were talking of using the ESP 8-string?!?!?!

Let's push this thread to page 7....GO!

JonnyD said:
Well dude I thought your Bass playin was pretty good and the sound wasnt that bad at all lol I'm a Bass player too though I dont think I will be straping on a 6 string bass anytime soon I'll stick with my four ...... Anyways Keep up the good work!

Cheers J...............

bobby.....
i was too hard on you..... :wave: i did not mean that your effect is that horrible... :) its really bad in my opinion but you can make it a lot better.... (we israelies... we tend to be too emotional and extreme with our opinions :loco: )

but let us forget it... you should listen to some opeth... they have a great bass sound... also porcupine tree has a great bassist and sound... but this are not thrash bands so i dont know what to say.... :Spin:

but now for the most important goal!! :headbang:
page 7!! here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump: :hotjump:

dont worry ue,bobby can take the criticism!
right,for all you boys,if your interested,dill the devil has posted a review of the album in the reviews section of the forum.being a total spazmo,i dont know how to link it to here,so if one of you boys can do it for me(go greeno!!!)i'd be eternally greatful.
also,feel free to add replies to dills review as it will get more other people reading it.now what i mean?

Hello. I received a promo from Panic Cell in the mail yesterday, and i was asked to write up a review like the rest of you and put it on here. So here goes. I will review it on a number scale, 5 being the best, 1 the worst. Here goes.

The Music - 3.
Ok, this band has obvious talent, they just aren't in the vein of what i listen to. I am more into the faster oldschool stuff like Annihilator, Megadeth, Slayer, and then stuff from like Nevermore and Iced Earth. I'm not saying the music is bad at all, like i said, they have plenty of talent, and i really think they are going somewhere.

The Artwork - 5.
Ok, this is easily the best effort i have ever seen go into a promo of an album. The liner notes are just as they would be in a store bought album, the cd looks nice, and also it has a very extensive Thank You list, which i have never seen on a promo album, much less an indy promo album. Something else that also caught my eye, i would think it is the drummer, Lee, has thanked Ingo S. (the former drummer of helloween who committed suicide in the early 90's). Being a big helloween fan, that caught my eye, and i was impressed to see him as an influence.

Overall - I give it a 3 1/2. It is good, but there is room for improvement. I think that is good in my book though, because they are obviously a new band, and if there is room for improvement, then they have nowhere to go but up. I wish you guys the best of luck, and thanks for the cd.

Cheers,

Brent Erwin

Hey Baldy, your cd's got here today. They looks great!!! Nice job on the packaging! I had to pop one in and listen to it again... for about the 20th time... I like, I like!

If any of you guys here on the board (that are in the US) want a copy let me know. That way I can save you from having to have Baldy ship it from England.... if that's cool with you Baldy. Just trying to make it easy as possible for the guys to get it.

Greeno said:
Hey Baldy, your cd's got here today. They looks great!!! Nice job on the packaging! I had to pop one in and listen to it again... for about the 20th time... I like, I like!

If any of you guys here on the board (that are in the US) want a copy let me know. That way I can save you from having to have Baldy ship it from England.... if that's cool with you Baldy. Just trying to make it easy as possible for the guys to get it.

thats cool greeno,no problem-you can be my u.s distributor!!!just dont take offence if a bigger company comes along later!lol.
anyone can get hold of the cd by going to coprorecords.co.uk and ordering one,or our site i think,and many of the record shops in the uk should have it by now.
hope that helps you too ue :D :wave:

not that it matters too much cause most of you boys are in different parts of the world,but the video for away from here gets played on scuzz tv next week,every day between 10 and 11am gmt.gotta vote for it to get on the main playlist,and then a chance to move onto keerang tv and mtv2!!!.
so,any of you boys that can or will,vote for it on the new skids on the block section of scuzz tv next week!!!cheerz guys!