i need some guinea pigs

baldyboy said:
thats awsome-the man himself?i just assumed it was fans who posted on the sites.fuck me-posting with milano.that rules!
Fuck man, you didnt know? Well at least you know now.....

Billy Milano!!!!!:worship: :headbang:

just to let you boys know-seeing as this seems to be the unofficial panic cell forum(what a beast i have created!!!).we shot the performance parts for the video for save me on saturday.it should take about 6 weeks to complete it all,but i'm sure the panic cell resident webmiester kenji will have it up for download soon after!just so you know.
for all you boys in the u.s-i e mailed bryants friend glenn at progpower usa about playing the festival there.i dont hold much hope of gettin a gig,but you never know,we might play your great country yet!!!!!

just as an aside,they are gonna play the first track off our album on extreme radio tonight(its an internet radio station) at 7pm gmt- i guess thats 2pm est-about an hour from now.not that anyone but me's gonna be listening-cause the rest of you wont read this post till after its done!!!!!

baldyboy said:
we'd love to play israel beorn-whenever you want to organise a gig for us,just let us know!!!we'll be on the next el al flight over.
actually,on a serious note,do you get many big bands playing israel?
Define serious....
We had Vader, Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Aborted, Ancient.... we get jigs with local bands almost every month....

Check out these bands: Salem, Eternal Gray, Nail Within, Lehavoth, Orphaned Land if you care for the Israel scene....

Salem - www.salemband.com :headbang:
Eternal Gray www.eternalgray.com :headbang:
Nail Within www.nailwithin.com :headbang:
Lehavoth www.lehavoth.com :headbang:
Orphaned Land http://ophth.free.fr/music/orphaned_land.html :headbang:

:headbang:

thats cool beorn,i'll check out some of those bands in a while.nicw to see you have a good scene in haifa.
its funny,but i was contacted today by someone wondering if we want to do a gig in jordan,so maybe we will be in your part of the world at some point soon!

Beorn of MythOdeviL said:
I never wrote a review before but all must start somewhere....
I'm 17, and I have a band. We play somewhat death metal but with a shitload of different elements from heavy, trash, black etc. Anyway, the point is I always try not only to listen to the music but try to imagine how it is build.
When I first got the cd that Luke (baldyboy) sent me, I was rather curious.... curious about the contents. The fact that I heard about this whole thing on the oldschool forum got me interested, and I was expecting to hear something oldschool. I was surprised...
I listen to a lot of very different music. Aside metal (Death-Black-Trash-Power-Speed-Prog) and all variations of rock, I also listen to classic, some electronic and other strange shit.
Anyway, when I started listening to it, I was deeply impressed by the way how some genres mixed up there perfectly. You guys defintly have future if you ever manage to come out to the market. Grunge, Heavy/Speed with a little Nu Metal sounded exellent.
Guitars were good I liked the riffs, tho more solos (and I know I'm just one of many to say that) would be better. Kenji said later on the Panic Cell board that there were solos on 6 out of 10 songs, but still I find this insuffcient. Melodically, the album is an exellent thing to hear. Its also dynamic and flowing. IMO, at least. Drums: double pedals sound excellent, fitting virtually everywhere possible. BUT, the cymbals are sometimes swallowed in the rest of the music. Not the crash, more when there's the ride and similar. Bass: I understand that Bobby plays a 6-string. With a strange setup, but it doesnt matter.The bass had a nice distortion (when I finally heard the bass - the first time I dont know why, but I had a hardtime hearing it, probably my shitty sound setting - nevermind), even juicy somewhere. The vocals are exellent - I did trace Soundgarden influences, as later Luke mentioned to me. Finally I hear decent vocals.
The sound is a different part for itself. It's just fucking awesome!!! It's very neat, something nowadays rare for first band releases. I congratulate you guys with an exellent producer.
personal favs: Away From Me, Save Me, Bitter Part Of Me

Good luck guys, you have it comin'.... :headbang:

well vova, 10x for the cd, it was one of the best albums that i have heard in a long time.... :tickled:
for those who read this, i am 16 years old and i play the bass in our band (mine and vova's {Beorn of MythOdeviL})
well... what can i say about this album.....
the vocals are the best thing in it. i must say that it sounded like James Hatfield's vocals at first but then i understood that he is not the only one with such a good voice... but there was one bad thing about it... the vocalist somtimes scremed, that really hurt my ears
about the guitars... i understand that you are aware of the lack of solos but the solos were really good.
the drums: great! not enough cymbals but great.
bass: for me it is the most important thing.... so now i must say some things:
1) why 6 strings? :confused: you are not John Myung!!!!
2) the effect, :ill: , made me wanna vomit!
3) well... dont think i say that you are bad... you are a lot better than me with your technique (i play for only 6 months...) but i didn't like your work.

after all... your album is very good! i love it! keep on going and you will be big stars! aspecially with the third track of your album!

keep on rockin'!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

UE said:
well vova, 10x for the cd, it was one of the best albums that i have heard in a long time.... :tickled:
for those who read this, i am 16 years old and i play the bass in our band (mine and vova's {Beorn of MythOdeviL})
well... what can i say about this album.....
the vocals are the best thing in it. i must say that it sounded like James Hatfield's vocals at first but then i understood that he is not the only one with such a good voice... but there was one bad thing about it... the vocalist somtimes scremed, that really hurt my ears
about the guitars... i understand that you are aware of the lack of solos but the solos were really good.
the drums: great! not enough cymbals but great.
bass: for me it is the most important thing.... so now i must say some things:
1) why 6 strings? :confused: you are not John Myung!!!!
2) the effect, :ill: , made me wanna vomit!
3) well... dont think i say that you are bad... you are a lot better than me with your technique (i play for only 6 months...) but i didn't like your work.

after all... your album is very good! i love it! keep on going and you will be big stars! aspecially with the third track of your album!

keep on rockin'!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

hey ue,
thanks for the comments on the album-i'm really glad you liked it.
beorn has alredy said about the solo's,as did greeno.everything we've looked at writing since has had solos in it,so i guess that will probably be a growing feature in forthcoming material.
thanks for the vocal compliments-lee,kelly and i did all the backing vocals between us.it helps live if it sounds more like the record.no point to me or lee or kelly doing all the backing on our own,when all of us have parts to sing live.
screaming?!?well,theres just some times when you've got to!
song 3,save me,is the next video to come out.we are about a month away from it being finished-all the footage has been shot,it just needs to be processed and edited by ray :headbang: the director :worship: .
glad you liked it ue,hopefully we'll come and play round your way soon,and we can have a beer together :wave: :D

10x luke! :Spin:
hopefully you will come and we will meet you guys and bobby could kick my ass with great pleasure :) :loco: :D (if you know what i mean)

UE said:
10x luke! :Spin:
hopefully you will come and we will meet you guys and bobby could kick my ass with great pleasure :) :loco: :D (if you know what i mean)

dont worry ue,bobbys a really cool,laid back kinda guy.he is also a demon with that 6 string bass-its the only kind he's used for the last 10 years or so.

baldyboy said:
dont worry ue,bobbys a really cool,laid back kinda guy.he is also a demon with that 6 string bass-its the only kind he's used for the last 10 years or so.

so its actually more of a habit...

I told you, UE!!!!! :Smokin:

baldyboy said:
thats cool beorn,i'll check out some of those bands in a while.nicw to see you have a good scene in haifa.
its funny,but i was contacted today by someone wondering if we want to do a gig in jordan,so maybe we will be in your part of the world at some point soon!
The scene is actually cross Israel..... but nevermind, Israel isn't that big anyway :)

It'll be really cool if you'll make it..... be in touch then, yes?:wave: :headbang: :Smokin:

Greeno said:
Damn Baldy!!!!! This thread is huge! Did you think you would get this much reaction to it?
what a monster i have created-its alive,ALIVE!!!!
seriously though,its been great the response that i've got from all this-you boys have done me proud with your comments and continued interest.
today has been a particularly good day for us too-the cd's have finally arrived,so i have in my hands an actual proper copy thats gonna go into the shops,with bar code and everything,and the record company phoned today to tell us that the away from here video is going onto the scuzz tv playlists from saturday-so loads of people are gonna see it!
a v.good day for panic cell. :headbang:
beorn,the closest we may be getting to you is jordan,but thats still unconfirmed.i take it that its not easy for you to travel there however,even if it wasnt still about 400 miles away from you!we'll keep trying to get a gig in israel too. :wave:

Here's the shit. No sane Israeli will go to Jordan for almost any reason. It's not so friendly there, despite the peace agreement.
You have fun there, btw does that has to do anything with the Opeth jig in march?
About Israel - so far get promotion here, because its quite hard to find ppl here that will objectivley like the style. Its the problem here - its either minor fucks with CRADLE t-shirts, either "True" metallers..... but if you ever manage to get to the MTV.....

You got my point. However we'd be glad to see you guys anywa aside touring and playing.

Beorn of MythOdeviL said:
Here's the shit. No sane Israeli will go to Jordan for almost any reason. It's not so friendly there, despite the peace agreement.
You have fun there, btw does that has to do anything with the Opeth jig in march?
About Israel - so far get promotion here, because its quite hard to find ppl here that will objectivley like the style. Its the problem here - its either minor fucks with CRADLE t-shirts, either "True" metallers..... but if you ever manage to get to the MTV.....

You got my point. However we'd be glad to see you guys anywa aside touring and playing.
sadly,its nothing to sdo with the opeth thing,we got an e mail from someone asking us if we wanted to play there,and we said yes.i'll wait n see what happens!
i understand about the situation-i figured it would be much that way.i'm not gonna get in any way political,its just a shame thats all.
dont worry beorn,if we get to israel for whatever reason,you and ue will be the first boys i get hold of. :headbang:

baldyboy said:
today has been a particularly good day for us too-the cd's have finally arrived,so i have in my hands an actual proper copy thats gonna go into the shops,

Check your email Baldy, I've got a big fat check with your name on it for some of those discs. :)