i need some guinea pigs

some nice kit.i like the jackson and carvin basses particularly.i've got a bc rich ironbird somewhere,damn difficult to play and too top heavy.i've also got a dean and an aria pro 2.the main bass i used to play though was a yamaha-extremely easy to use.lovely action.
fortunatly the band saw sense and got a proper bass player in,and just left me with the vocals.bobby is a much better player than me,he even uses esp 6 string basses!he's borrowed my amp though-an ampeg svt11 pro with an 8x10 to go with it.the amp kicks ass.

baldyboy said:
you should send me some tapes of your stuff-what kind of metal is it?

:) I can do that but be forwarned the quality is horible lol But I will send you a tape that Covers what we did over the last 3 years I already have one made :) it has band stuff on it and me doodleing on the bass ....... What Kind of metal? hmmmmmm thats sorta Hard to explain,I have been told by bands we opened for that it sounded like Anthraxy-Megadeth ..... We always tried to aim For a Iron Maiden meets Overkill sound But lol I dont know you would have to Judge it ... there is some defenet (I cant spell lol)Iron Maiden in my bass playing at times once I figured out one maiden tune everything I did had to have Galloping in it :p

baldyboy said:
some nice kit.i like the jackson and carvin basses particularly.i've got a bc rich ironbird somewhere,damn difficult to play and too top heavy.i've also got a dean and an aria pro 2.the main bass i used to play though was a yamaha-extremely easy to use.lovely action.
fortunatly the band saw sense and got a proper bass player in,and just left me with the vocals.bobby is a much better player than me,he even uses esp 6 string basses!he's borrowed my amp though-an ampeg svt11 pro with an 8x10 to go with it.the amp kicks ass.

Yeah My Jackson is my Favorite :) I love that guitar ...... My ZZB Deluxe is a Aria pro 2 its almost 20 years old ..... Did you play bass and sing or did the singing come after the bass playing?lol I dont think I would like a 6 string thats just to much bass for me lol How much is the wattage on that Ampeg? must be alot to power those 8x10's :D

Baldyboy - why are you always so damn negative about yourself? When I say that your voice reminds me of Alice In Chains and Soundgarden's singers I mean it! Look, I didn't try to brown-nose as you should recognize by me voicing what I don't like. Take Alive for example - I don't appreciate that one so much and so I told you. So why should my comparisons be a fake opinion? Man, you do sound good! And now shut up and be proud of yourself, hahaha. Oh, and don't delude yourself. You've got what it takes IMO but it'll still be a tough struggle. I don't want to paint the devil on the wall but after all nothing good comes easy, right? Anyway, I'm sure you can do it. Just watch your backs. You wouldn't be the first band that got screwed by some business suits!

JonnyD said:
Pretty much just Recording Band Practices on crappy stereos lol I have about 7,000,000,000 tapes of shit like that :)

Same here! :) Stuff that only your mother would like.... and she'd be lieing. :) I'd like to hear some of your recordings also JonnyD. Nothing better than friends bad home recording...... "what are you playing through there, a toaster?"... :) When I get a chance I'll make a page of some of the stupid shit I've done over the years, got allot of 4-track stuff.

Greeno said:
Same here! :) Stuff that only your mother would like.... and she'd be lieing. :) I'd like to hear some of your recordings also JonnyD. Nothing better than friends bad home recording...... "what are you playing through there, a toaster?"... :) When I get a chance I'll make a page of some of the stupid shit I've done over the years, got allot of 4-track stuff.

:) Truer words have never been spoken man lol You bet you can hear my stuff man I'll make up a tape for ya ......... :)

sarge-i really appreciate the compliment,you gotta understand though that its pretty difficult to take it in when someones favourably comparing you to gods like cornell and staley!we are proud of the recording on the whole-i doubt if i would have had the nerve to send it to you boys if i didnt think it was good.please believe me though,i dont lack in confidence or anything like that.
you are right about it being a struggle.the last song on the album,the end,the lyrics are basically about being happy that we've finally recorded an album after years of hope,demo's, shit gigs and major bullshit merchants telling us what they can do for us while actually doing fuck all.
all the great comments you boys have put has really cheered us as a band.to know that people like what we've done has been a real boost for us.
all i'm waiting for now is bryants review.that and also sixx's and wicked childs if jonnyd managed to dig himself out of his house!i'm 3-0 up at the moment,i cant wait to see what the other boys have to say on it.

plan13 said:
Greeno, I'm still waiting on that page of some of your 4-track stuff!!!!

Why? You probably have copies of most of it. :) Where is you 4-track page Mr Smartass? :)

baldyboy said:
one for me too please jonnyd.i havnt heard any demo stuff by anyone for ages.i dont know many of the other local bands round here.send me some stuff out.i promise i wont steal it and use it on our next album.

hahaha I'm not sure if it would even rate as Demo material but I like to get ppl's reactions to the stuff I'v done .... lol its Mountain Metal thats the only way I can explain it But if ya wanna hear it I will send it :) Just email me the address you want me to send it to and I will make ya a copy it will be a cassette I hope thats cool lol

Ok I got your pm's :) as I mentioned its gonna take me a lil while to Get em out to you guys lol I have to go to the mall and get more tapes lol But I'm excited you guys wanna hear my shit thats just cool :D That and I'v never mailed anything to england :p so that will be cool

Baldy and JonnyD, I pm'ed you a link to some of my home tapes. Make sure you're sitting down when you listen to them, wouldn't want you to hit your head when you pass out. :)

downloaded and listened to it tonight greeno.
firstly,its nowhere near as bad as you suggested.i've honestly heard much worse demo products(and a few released albums),with worse production.
the songs for me were monstermania and i'm not to blame.they had a cool sound to them,possibly even punk meets heavy country!i dont know,its hard to explain those two.maybe its the southern twang in your singing voice in those.basically i like the songs a lot.
the acoustic song and the msm cover show me one thing,that your a pretty damn good guitarist.the solos in both suggest that you have a bit of a bluesy/country influence to your playing.i could be right off with this-i'm no guitarist after all!lol.
only prob i found with the acoustic song was that your vocals sounded a little flat-key wise.no real criticism,mine are the same in places on the album,its something you only realise some time after recording and listening to them a bit.your tone is,however,far better than mine,so that helps.its much easier to correct pitch than tone!
the last song-"my pills get me high"was for me really reminicent of the dead kennedys.the song is quite quirky,like much of the kennedys stuff-which is great,i love the dks.hope you dont mind the comparison.
overall-time well spent,i really enjoyed listening to the stuff,and have now nicked some of the better riffs for our next album(jus kiddin!).do yourself a favour greeno and send some tapes off to the record labels that deal with punk in the states,i;m sure one of them would be interested.it being punk though,you wont earn any money!
thanks for the listen,i really enjoyed it.

Glad you checked it out, Baldy. As for my singing on the one track being a bit off, the reason is because I SUCK! I very much would like to be able to sing, have tried over and over but I can't. That track is probably my voice at it's best... oh well, lucky for me I only half suck as a guitar player. :) FOund it kinda wild that you can hear some country in me. In the mid 90's I went through a rootsy/country kinda thing (stuff like Wilco and Whiskeytown) and was trying like hell to learn how to play that twangy sound. Every since I've had a hard time getting rid of that style in my playing, oh well, I've learned to live with it. Those 2 Rocket Scientist songs are from a full albums worth of material that we did in the late 90's, would love to actually have that released on a small indie label. Just to have an album out would make me happy, don't care if it only sold 10 copies.