I need suggestions for next purchase.

CarniverousJesus

New Metal Member
Jul 12, 2006
Hi, I am planing on ordering some new albums soon and i would like some input of you guys.
I am looking to add another EOS album to my collection, Currently i have Crimson, Crimson II, Infernal, Purgatory Afterglow, and Cryptic. What would you suggest i get next? Right now i have been mainly considereing Unorthodox and Spectral Sorrows.

I also would like to buy a new Nightingale album the only one i have now is I. What would you guys suggest? I would prefer something a little heavier than I but i know they arent a heavy band so i'm up for anything.

I also would like to check out Pan.Thy.Monium. Any suggestions as far as them?

Thanks in advance.

The Spectral Sorrows is my favorite EOS disc, with Unorthodox close behind. So that's good news for you, the best is yet to come! Well, Crimson is quite awesome, but in a different sense being that it's a big Epic and all.

If you like "I" a lot, you'll like all of the Nightingale CD's. The most "different" one is the very first: The Breathing Shadow. I don't have a favorite one, I love all five. It might be cool to start at the begininng and get them in order from here on out. That's what I did, but I'm an old fan and picked up the second "Closing Chronicles" CD shortly after it was out, then ran back to the store the next week to buy the first. :p

With Pan-Thy-Monium, I think the starting point is easy: "Kahoos and Konfusion" This one is the easiest to find and is as good as anything else you'll find from them in terms of quality. It is very short. Just two sensational tracks over 10 minutes each, and a non-representative ambient-like track of about 7 mins or so. If you love this one, you can try digging up the rest, as you'll surely like them as well. It's a weird project, but I just love it!

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, im pretty sure i will go woth Unorthodox because i have heard it is good and that it is Dan's favorite. Still researching the other cds. Thanks again.

If you can find the one off Odyssey project of Dan's, I strongly reccomend getting it. Luckily I found a copy on ebay for like 9 bucks and snatched it up quick just the other day. I really wish he would do something similar to this sound again, it's very well written.

Ok, I ordered unorthodox and the other day i was browsing in my local record store and i happened to find Pan.Thy.Monium! I never even thought to look for it there because they dont usually have any lesser known bands. Anywas it was the Dawn of Dreams + Khaooohs dual disc and I quickly bought it. I gotta say it is some pretty awesome stuff.

I also saw an Odyssey album on Eaby, still decding if i should buy it.