I saw Judas Priest last night!

Ayeka

Hell Bent For Leather!
Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
With the Scorpions as support, oh yeah! :D

In all honesty, they were a bit restrained - didn't look quite as magical as they do in the videos. The set was kind of identical to all the live stuff I own, with three new songs (Judas Rising, Revolution and Hellrider) and Hot Rockin' and I'm A Rocker cranked out which I was quite surprised with. Still pretty cool though, they played damn well, played each others' instruments for the start of Breaking The Law :tickled: we had a maniac run onstage and up onto one of the platform, picked up one of the flags and was going nuts. K.K. was alone on stage playing the intro to Beyond The Realms Of Death and looking at this guy going "eheheheh!"

Scorpions put a lot of energy into their set, possibly more than Priest. Rudolf was going kinda crazy, Klaus threw about a million drumsticks into the crowd, he really got involved. All the 80s hits, a new song, lots of energy and lots of fun. I got a plectrum from Rudolf and the bassist :headbang:

Well I hope Priest push the boat out a bit more for Download but I'm still damn happy to have seen them :kickass:

Cool, nice mini-review.

I've heard that the Scorpions have been challenging Priest at every show! They've always been a band with a ton of energy, whereas Priest is uh, getting old :tickled:

The setlist that Priest has been playing is fucking killer!

Scorpions put a lot of energy into their set, possibly more than Priest. Rudolf was going kinda crazy, Klaus threw about a million drumsticks into the crowd, he really got involved. All the 80s hits, a new song, lots of energy and lots of fun. I got a plectrum from Rudolf and the bassist

One of the most memorable performances from the hundreds of shows I have been to, was Scorpions during the Monsters Of Rock tour back in the days.
I distinctly remember them giving Van Halen, Metallica and the other bands on the bill a run for their money.
Klaus is by far one of the best frontmen in music in general :kickass:

I saw Priest on the Painkiller tour supported by Annihilator. I don't want that memory tarnished. :D The state of Rob Halford these days...the man has no chin.

I saw The Scorpions on the Savage Amusement tour supported by Winger(!). Great album (underrated at least) but the performance was ok. It was probably just an off night. I do recognize that World Wide Live is a great live album.

lizard said:
he's really always been the engine that drives their train. He doesn't posess half the talent his brother does, but he's ten times more stable, and he understands the value of showmanship.

I'd heartily agree. Jumps, windmills, let us at the front touch his guitar :D very energetic player. None of the band stayed in one place for very long. Even the drummer was into the vibe. They did an encore too, heh!

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Sorry dude...I heard the rumours and basically convinced myself it was true....because I really want it to be :cry: every so often I forget that it isn't true... :cry: :cry: