I think I have found my 1 favorite song.....

Kaberonie

PimpDaddyKABZ
Feb 20, 2003
www.kabz.cjb.net
I just realized that this has to be the 100th time I've listened to this song:

White Cluster.

I never hear any talk about it....
I listen to it almost constantly....I never get tired of it....
It has EVERYTHING I look for in an Opeth song....

amazing.

Yeah in my eyes White Cluster is severely underrated. Whenever I listen to Still Life I always find myself listening to that song the most, but of course I love them all still.

yea no doubt guys i never say anything about it for fear of getting flamed, cause of the asses around here sometimes, but god i love it, to me its one of the most epic yet truly amazing the structure is the perfect example of opeth and regardless of what anyone else thinks this has to be one of opeths heaviest, petes solo is MAD i love his solos they are all just so SHRED yah know

This song is outstanding, but I must say that I think Serenity Painted Death is better (at least for me right now).
I can never decide on a favourite song, it changes almost daily. Scratch that, its been SPD for me for a couple of weeks now. Black Rose Immortal and The Night and the Silent Water are on the rise though.

"sunbirds leave their dark recesses...
shadows glid the archways"

what the hell does 'glid' mean, did mike make that one up, or is it a misprint? same with sunbirds..those are the lyrics as stated by darklyrics.com, i don't have the cd/book

Kaberonie said:
Honorable Mention: The Amen Corner.

YES YES YES

I just realized that this has to be the 100th time I've listened to this song:

White Cluster.

I never hear any talk about it....
I listen to it almost constantly....I never get tired of it....
It has EVERYTHING I look for in an Opeth song....

amazing.

YES! I LOVE YOU! THANKYOU! :D

White Cluster is a masterpiece. I don't think it quite masters The Amen Corner though. ;)

LiB said:
White cluster, Dirge for november and the amen corner are the most underated songs ever and also my favourites.
yeah man, i totally agree, especially about dirge and the amen corner. they are easily my favourite songs on their respective albums, and more often than not they're shit on by the kind of people who think that black rose immortal is a spectacular song. meh.

For some reason I am drawn to the soft heavy transition at the beginning of Blackwater Park. It just rocks when the distorted guitars come in. A riff to die for. Or is It just me. ( An Entombed seed forever planted rises up). This makes it my favourite Opeth moment. along with the trippy acoustic part that now does not seem too long.
Of course this will change........

With the release of Damnation I got one favorite Opeth song and it is "Windowpane". Still get shivers down my spine every time I hear that solo somewhere around 4 minutes into the song :ill: