I think Opeth should do a cover of "With Strength I Burn"

Jun 4, 2004
Anyone else agree? I just think it completely fits them and I think they would be able to add their own mark on it while staying true enough to the original. Plus, I think they may may have taken inspiration from it for "White Cluster" as the two have a similar song structure. Sorry if anything like this has been discussed before, I don't post here often.

Emperor=Awesome
Opeth=Awesome
Emperor+Opeth=Probably also awesome

I think they would be better suited to a track like Ensorcelled by Khaos. The Wanderer always seemed a lot like Epilogue to me.

Why wouldn't it ever happen? They did Celtic Frost's "Circle of Tyrants" which is about as heavy and fast, and they did a fucking good job on it too.

I'd love for them to an an Emperor cover. Though my pick would be I Am the Black Wizards. I don't see why it couldn't happen.

I like Emperor also.. but what'sup with those typos (for example: Thus spAke the nightspirit)? Does Ishan suck in english or is it just his way of leaing a mark marking on the songs? :err:

Torenstain said:
I like Emperor also.. but what'sup with those typos (for example: Thus spAke the nightspirit)? Does Ishan suck in english or is it just his way of leaing a mark marking on the songs? :err:

Well I know on most of In The Nightside Eclipse was written (lyrically) by Mortiis.

However, I just opened the Anthems booklet, Ihsahn and Samoth wrote most of the album. Ihsahns lyrics are pretty much 'right on' maybe Samoth sucks? :tickled:

Vlad the Impaler said:
Why wouldn't it ever happen? They did Celtic Frost's "Circle of Tyrants" which is about as heavy and fast, and they did a fucking good job on it too.

but notice how out of place that song was on the album.

i listened to in the nightside again today, and while it's good, most of the songs sound the same to me (i know, i know, other bands have songs that sound the same) but maybe it's cause i'm not into BM as much as i'm into DM or other shit.

I think if Opeth were to do an emperor cover then it should be a track off Prometheus. My reasoning behind this is that i think it will still have the progressive element that Opeth embodies. The tounge of fire or maybe Depraved might sound quite intresting. If not an emperor cover then a Peccatum cover like Murder.

Later Emperor is suited perfectly for Opeth- both are pretentious drivel with no substance.

Remember about what we are talking about right now...How Bizarre!!! LOL
(But still impressive and good,..I think)
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

deliverance said:
i listened to in the nightside again today, and while it's good, most of the songs sound the same to me (i know, i know, other bands have songs that sound the same) but maybe it's cause i'm not into BM as much as i'm into DM or other shit.