i wanna hear you rock!

baldyboy

Sep 2, 2003
planet thanet.uk.
www.paniccell.com
all of you must be bored to death by now hearing about my band,so i wanna hear about yours!
i know jonnyd and greeno play in bands,and bryant is a bit of a guitar whizz,but what about everyone else?
even if you dont play in a band,i bet you've thought about it-you wouldnt be into metal if you didnt!so for you guys who dont/havnt played,what would you do if you were in a band.sing?play the guitar?drums?tamborine?tell me! :D

its not so much what you can play murai,but what would you like to play,if you know what i mean.otherwise every other answer is gonna be vocals,because i cant play.
would you want to be the singer,or would you rather be the drummer?bashing the shit out of your double bass tama?!!

I used to play the recorder at school and of all the instruments I tried it was the only one I was even reasonable at but as I don't think there is much call for recorders in rock and the thread seems to be what would you do if you could not what can you already do then it's got to be piano really cheesey I know but somthing like Axl Rose in the November Rain vid Its a dream that will almost certainly never come true but what is life without a few dreams?

I play bass & guitar, fiddled around in school with others, I'm a better bass player than a guitarist. I guess that's why they call it the instrument of ignorance?!
I pull "it" out every now & then, I'm hoping to get my kid's instruments soon. It really is a great hobby for kid's, my uncle has all of his kids playing something, they can't wiat to get done with their studies to get home!
As far as bass players go, I like Gene Simmons, Pete Way, Nikki Sixx, Cliff Burton,
Roger Glover, Billy Sheehan(I wish I had chops like that!) DD Verni, just to name
a few...

I'm a very good vocalist, I do great growling and roaring death metal. And I've mastered Dani Filth's old-school screeching. I can also do just great singing. I'm not in any dedicated band but I do vocals for any band that asks.

I "sung" a couple of times in an amateur covers band in college. But since everybody is nice here I'm not going to sing out of respect :lol:

Well I love to play. I am a guitarist by trade, but I also have a bass (an expensive one, but a sweeeeet one in a Peavey Foundation five string in glorious white) and I love to play drums as well, but am left-handed (only on drums as far as musical instruments) so I always piss off my friends by changing their sets around. I can sing in key, but don't have a nice "lead" voice so I usually practice hard on harmonies. With the exception of Gunter Werno of Vanden Plas, keyboards have never impressed me except as something to give an intro to a song, but my first instrument was an organ at about 10 years old so I can play a little piano, organ and keys.
I am a relatively friendly guy in all situations except as a bandmate. I believe in these rules:

Rule number one.... I am the boss.
Rule number two..... if you don't agree with rule number one, you're fired.

There has always been either a slack-ass who isn't working or someone just not talented enough to handle their part in every band I have ever been in and it turned me into a monster. I love to jam for fun and with my brother (who is an exceptional vocalist in the Southern Rock/Classic rock style) but the headaches of leading a band are too much for me. If I ever make some type of musical production, it will be all me or maybe a guest musician thrown in here and there and some guns for hire vocalists.

Brryant

Bryant said:
I am a relatively friendly guy in all situations except as a bandmate. I believe in these rules:

Rule number one.... I am the boss.
Rule number two..... if you don't agree with rule number one, you're fired.

Brryant

hahahaha Yaknow I have that very same set of rules .... it doesnt normally get me very far .... Nobody likes it when the Bass Player Tells them what to do hahahaha

Damn! Remind me not to play with you guys!!!! :lol:

I guess I was the "leader" of the 2 bands I was in in clollege.... It was about 70% me and 30% the other guys, and the other band was pretty much 100% me.... However I was never a "my way or the highway" kinda guy, I was just the one who steered the band sound/style wise. The second band was with a couple guys who had never been in a band before so I had to hold their hands for the most part.... but we had a blast!!

Now days playing with Plan13 and some other friends we all add our own ideas, fuck the other guy, if he don't like it let him come up with something better!!! :D These days it's mainly just about getting together, cranking up the amps and drinking a beer or 10. :)

Greeno said:
Now days playing with Plan13 and some other friends we all add our own ideas, fuck the other guy, if he don't like it let him come up with something better!!! :D These days it's mainly just about getting together, cranking up the amps and drinking a beer or 10. :)

Wait a minute... I'm not the band leader???? Damn I thought I was the leader.... but I'm the one drinking the "10" beers to everyone elses "1", so I must be "the leader".....wait... maybe I'm to drunk to lead??? Hummmmmm.. I need to re-think this drinking thing..... Rock N Roll just ain't what it used to be!!!!

plan13 said:
Wait a minute... I'm not the band leader???? Damn I thought I was the leader.... but I'm the one drinking the "10" beers to everyone elses "1", so I must be "the leader".....wait... maybe I'm to drunk to lead??? Hummmmmm.. I need to re-think this drinking thing..... Rock N Roll just ain't what it used to be!!!!

Just because you are the band drunk that does not make you the band leader. :) If all the empty beer bottles got to vote for a band leader you would be a shoe in, but since they don't, you're not. :D

baldyboy said:
keep drinking plan,and keep on letting greeno think he leads the band!

band politics,they are always fun huh!

Hey! I never said I was the leader now.

Baldy-- Come on Baldy, don't post stuff like that. I have these guys thinking that we are all equals and shit. They are actually buying into this "band without a leader" crap. :D As long as the beer is flowing and I tell them what they want to hear they are mine to control.