i wanna hear you rock!

Sorath said:
Bryant, actually I think your main problem is that you see music as a business and most of all want to make it bigtime... I'm in two bands, one had five offers from record labels before our demo was even released and a few more since (Though we haven't signed anything yet) and the other one's new, we'll have our first live concert next friday. Music is art or made for fun, but not in any way business. That's for Britney Spears and such.

No not at all and in fact, just the opposite. I am speaking in past tense on those posts. I'm not in a band at the moment and haven't been in several years and probably will never be in another noe. That is not to say I wouldn't do some "project" stuff collaborating with other musicians, but I am not interested in music as a career. It is simply my hobby now and I have a much more relaxed approach to it than I did wghen I was trying to make it a career or as a suppliment. I still play but it is simply for the fun of it as it is one of my favorite hobbies.

Bryant

Bryant

JonnyD said:
Bryants a hell of a good guy ..... its just that he thinks people are out to get him sometimes hahahaha But I mean that tho I have never heard the man play but I already know he is a good guitarist Just cause I know him I can tell ... its something that he really loves to do and it goes beyond just playing metal and what not its a total pure love of music and I respect the bastard for it :D
Hmmmm..... now I'll have to practice my ass off before Prog Power and shake some of the rust off. I haven't played that much here lately in the last three months or so. :ill: I'm going to get some new effects that also has built in PC recording software so hopefully that will respark my interest. It's also time to do some serious maintenance on my acoustic but I have been rather lazy. :erk:

Bryant

Well, one of the bands you can hear at www.nasheim.tk
As for the other one (old school thrash), try http://egj.ath.cx/~egj/lethal/ It might not always work (It's the guitarist's computer and it's not always on) and the songs are rehearsals or rather crappy home-recordings, but you can tell the tunes do slay. We'll record a demo soon, I think, and we've got a gig on Friday which we'll try to record somehow.

Bryant said:
Hmmmm..... now I'll have to practice my ass off before Prog Power and shake some of the rust off. I haven't played that much here lately in the last three months or so. :ill: I'm going to get some new effects that also has built in PC recording software so hopefully that will respark my interest. It's also time to do some serious maintenance on my acoustic but I have been rather lazy. :erk:

Bryant

hahahaha I hear ya man My playin has been going in spurts lol if I feel inspired I play like hell lol the past 2 days I'v played so much I'm surprised my fingers havnt started bleeding hahahahaha

baldyboy said:
dont worry bryant,no ones having a go at you for your attitude.to be honest,i'd like to be more like you in my attitude-a more professional approach to things.i totally respect that.
doesnt mean that other,more juvenile board members wont take this piss a little though. :D

Ha ha ha well I am an idealistic person and am my own worst critic so I am often apologizing to myself as opposed to someone else as the way it may seem. Unfortunately, I also suffer from ADD which occasionally makes me run quickly from one idea to the next without completely explaining the first. That's also partially responsible for those novel length posts I make as well. It ticks me off when I feel like I have left off something I consider important in my post, and I probably did sound like a monster in my first post without explaining some of the reasons I felt like I needed to be that way.

Bryant

Now that I don't play often everytime time I do, I get blisters on the tips of my fingers. I don't think I could find a band around this area that is interesting to me and worth my time and energy. I'm sick of getting asked to do the damn, Cradle Of Filth backing vocals. BORING!