I wonder why I like CoB..

Schraiber

Opeth fanboy
Feb 5, 2002
Hell
I really enjoy them, but they seem to represent everything I hate about metal: Annoyingly bad Black Metal vox, show offs musically, horrid, horrid lyrics, too much keyboard, etc. Oh well. Just goes to show that they kick so much to get through to me, or something like that.

Uh, bad vox? Have you listened to CoB? You try one of Alexi's screams from FtR. Like the Hate Me screams or the ones in live songs... or sing Aces High like he does. -And- he plays fast, technical guitar while he's singing.

A show-off? Music is all about a display of skill, and that's why I fuckin hate nu-metal (who have ZERO talent). And also, Alexi is only what? 23? Think about how good he'll be in 10-15 years.

And the lyrics? Considering we aren't sure what half the songs say, can you judge that? I think the lyrics are pretty good... they aren't supposed to be as complex as, say, Metallica or the Black League, but they're more than enough for me.

And keyboard... no comment. I used to hate it, but I've heard keyboard solos so many times (not just from CoB) that I've gotten used to them enough that I like 'em now.

And what other band has the sheer intensity, wildness, and skill? I can't think of any...

That's just my two cents.

Originally posted by Schraiber
I really enjoy them, but they seem to represent everything I hate about metal: Annoyingly bad Black Metal vox, show offs musically, horrid, horrid lyrics, too much keyboard, etc. Oh well. Just goes to show that they kick so much to get through to me, or something like that.

I wonder the same thing! From what I said I think you should take some really heavy medication for your brains! ;) :lol:

Originally posted by Stun
And the lyrics? Considering we aren't sure what half the songs say, can you judge that?

Hehe, that's pretty true. Some of those songs are written really badly. I can't figure out exactly what Taste of my Scythe is trying to express, other than he wants someone to die?

Taste of my Scythe is a difficult one... :)

When I upload new lyrics hopefully it will be clearer... whenever that happens. I think I will create a 'lyrics theory' section, where I will put my ideas of the songs' meanings and any other plausible ideas that are suggested.